Unreal Tournament 3

KingerXI

Gawd
Am I the only person (loser) who plays the bots in UT3?

If anybody else does it, try out these settings, and let me know how many kills you get. I am almost 100% > 20 and sometimes > 30. I think I am good, but who knows?

Team Deathmatch, 7 vs. 7, Bot skill: Adept, play to 100 kills, Shangri La.

The only way to find out if you're good or not is to test your mettle online...however if you want to be considered "good" by playing bots you need to have them at at least Godlike difficulty.

Oftentimes the best players play against bots of the second or third level from the bottom. It actually helps the most with usable aim and damage avoidance. This phenomenon is not unique to this game -- professionals from all manner of highly competitive games use this form of "practice" to hone their skills or to warm up.

yeah i used to do that way back in the day of the original UT

Facing Worlds *cry* How much I loved you so

i take it you bought the Unreal deal pack on Steam?

Bots are a joke in UT. Nobody serious plays against bots as their movement is nothing like what a normal players would be. Also, anyone can stand still and shoot some bots; being good against bots is just that - good against poor computer AI, not real people.

OK, so I changed the Bot skill level to Masterful, and I am still doing well: 18-25 kills out of 100. I will play here some more before ratcheting it up. And the Bots don't stand still when they are on Masterful, FYI.

perhaps Im misunderstanding but since when is getting 25% kills good? thats what 18/25 out of 100 is.. now come back when youre hitting high 90% then youre doing something.

The only way to find out if you're good or not is to test your mettle online...however if you want to be considered "good" by playing bots you need to have them at at least Godlike difficulty.

At least? Godlike is the top difficulty. And godlike bots don't play like real people, try instagib with them at that setting be prepared to cry.

perhaps Im misunderstanding but since when is getting 25% kills good? thats what 18/25 out of 100 is.. now come back when youre hitting high 90% then youre doing something.

It's team deathmatch 7 versus 7, so he is getting 25% of the kills on his team of 7.

Yea I play with bots still. Hard to find to real people. Bummer since it's a pretty great game.

Greed and Titan's is lots of fun :D

We still play UT3 at lans occasionally, and the bots add some excitement if there aren't enough people. I agree that facing worlds with tons and tons of easy bots is loads of fun. :D

The new Greed mode is awesome, btw - also fun with tons of bots for really high scores.

OK, so I changed the Bot skill level to Masterful, and I am still doing well: 18-25 kills out of 100. I will play here some more before ratcheting it up. And the Bots don't stand still when they are on Masterful, FYI.

Play online with real players. Bot killing is meaningless and just shows you are good at killing bots, which basically amounts to the same as being able to play tennis against a wall. It doesn't translate well into playing versus other players.

We still play UT3 at lans occasionally, and the bots add some excitement if there aren't enough people. I agree that facing worlds with tons and tons of easy bots is loads of fun. :D

The new Greed mode is awesome, btw - also fun with tons of bots for really high scores.

That's what I like bots for, small LAN games.

Back