Unreal Tournament 3

Jospeh

[H]ard|Gawd
I remember the game felt all slow when I first played it. I played it today and it feels a lot like ut2k4. Did they fix the game or am I just remembering things wrong?

Did you install the titan pack? They added more to the game. Its better than it was but I still sometimes think im playing a first person Gears of War. :(

The base game mechanics haven't been changed as far as I know. Personally, I think the mechanics were excellent, but the interface at launch was simply horrible. With the Titan pack and the later updates, it's actually quite a good game, but there's practically no player base any more.

Any new unreal tournaments expected? I use to play the Unreal tournament original for PC.. i loved it

Nope, and given the performance of the third one, it's unfortunately unlikely that there ever will be a fourth.

I wouldn't be so sure. They will need something to showcase Unreal 4, since it is likely GOW would continue to be an xbox exclusive.

There will be another UT.... They have always had a major following in the UT series, even though UT3 sucked, but UT99 still has a small following still and UT2K4 still has a good online presence to an extent. GoW is there main project with bulletstorm taking the baby position. Im guessing we will see UT show up again in another year or so.

Arena-style shooters would need to see some kind of resurgence before Epic devotes an entire team, budget and time to another Unreal Tournament, IMO. I also think Epic would have to be convinced that any new UT wouldn't be pirated to hell; the PC is the only real platform where UT has a following, as Unreal titles haven't done very well commercially on consoles.

Where Epic goes in terms of the PC (and thus UT) is going to be very dependent on how well the PC version of Bulletstorm sells, IMO.

Tournament, IMO. I also think Epic would have to be convinced that any new UT wouldn't be pirated to hell;

Please spare me, Epic uses piracy as a scapegoat to distract attention away from their own incompetence. When they released the UT3 beta there were THOUSANDS of posts on their forums complaining about numerous problems and design decisions which were clearly made for the benefit of console versions. What users received in return were bannings followed by a draconian censoring of all negative feedback.

Despite that, the retail release of UT3 did not in any way address the community's concerns. Epic had plenty of notice that UT3 was going to receive a luke warm release in its then state, but decided to push ahead with a release anyway.

I really feel no sympathy for them at all, and am not really all that concerned about whether they ever release another UT game on PC as clearly their priorities have shifted away from making cool PC games to making as much money as possible on console releases.

I got it in 2009 with the Titan pack, but didn't really see problems.

The other titles certainly didn't have to be dominant in the first six months or die, but UT3 did for some reason. That's besides competing with 2k4 players for their time, or even demo players (found games easily in that in 2008, 2009).

Vanilla FPS are getting absurdly fictitious, anyway. Automatic health regeneration in 10 seconds? Taking a few machine gun shells and surviving? Bandages/health packs fixing internal bleeding? And still respawns. They might as well have some bravado while doing it, like UT, Duke, id games, etc. Or embrace the absurdity like TF2.

I wouldn't mind a new *good* Unreal single player game, perhaps with mutiplayer co-op modes, over lan... but that's just me

A vanilla SP emphasized Unreal 3 running on the latest build of the engine? Yes, please. PROTIP for Epic: bring back the prisoner chick and leave John Dalton to rot.

Back