UPDATE: ASRock RX 6950 XT $600

Tempting. The xfx is also $650 on Amazon and Newegg

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Keep in mind I have been seeing a ton of driver issues recently with the new unified drivers, especially on 6000 series.

Had a very similar issue when I bought the 5700xt years back.

Basically have to do a full on windows reinstall at that point to fix it.

Guess I'm lucky that I run Linux because I've had practically no problems with my 6750xt and that includes a multi-monitor setup.
Same, except I have a 6700xt. Multiple monitors with different resolutions and refresh rates, and everything works great. Low power consumption too.
Some games actually run smoother in Linux compared to Windows. Also OBS hardware encoding works flawlessly. Life is good with Linux and AMD.

Guess I'm lucky that I run Linux because I've had practically no problems with my 6750xt and that includes a multi-monitor setup.

Same, except I have a 6700xt. Multiple monitors with different resolutions and refresh rates, and everything works great. Low power consumption too.
Some games actually run smoother in Linux compared to Windows. Also OBS hardware encoding works flawlessly. Life is good with Linux and AMD.

My AMD Fandom actually sparked my Linux curiosity, as I've read countless times how much better Linux is at core management with Ryzen because it isn't as hobbled with legacy code as Windows is at this point.

Even my 20 year old dual-dual Opteron system runs the current Mint build shockingly well, including HD YouTube playback.

Had a very similar issue when I bought the 5700xt years back.

Basically have to do a full on windows reinstall at that point to fix it.
This was standard fare for major hardware upgrades for many years. I would still never dream of switching from AMD to Nvidia or vice versa without a full reinstall.

I can concur I have issue with my 6700xt and multi monitors and different resolution and refresh rates. Strangely after my accidental upgrade from win 10 to 11 have really calmed the issues during desktop and low power situations like video/shared screen during zoom

Wow, I wonder how much lower it will go? Might as well wait.

Obviously the real question is how does this stack up against the 4070ti? I haven't been paying it any mind other than it's price.

bet we're going to see an announcement for the 7800XT soon if they're discounting the 6950XT this much.. prior to this 650 was the lowest it was going.

It'll keep falling. 4060 Ti should be out in May. Rumors of Nvidia partners 4070 $50 rebates someday, but will be careful not to cannibalize 4060 Ti sales / timing to compete with AMD.

It'll keep falling. 4060 Ti should be out in May. Rumors of Nvidia partners 4070 $50 rebates someday, but will be careful not to cannibalize 4060 Ti sales / timing to compete with AMD.
4060ti will be competing with the 6800 or 6750 at this rate so unless it comes in under 400 dollars it's not even worth talking about. 4070 gets destroyed by the 6950 for the same price. people keep wondering why AMD is slow with releasing 7k series, this is a perfect example of why.

I paid $50 for the Red Devil 6950xt over this card because of it's looks. I'm probably going to under-volt the card anyway.

The 6950XT is really close in raster performance, 25-30% slower in RT, and uses 410W versus 280W.
I went back n forth with the 4070 ti to 6950XT over this power issue. The reality is that 6950XT will only pull 410W if you overclock it. The card usually pulls around 325w at stock. If you undervolt the card you can reduce the wattage to around 250w and still get better than stock performance.

Back