Updated BIOS, now no boot

kmS

Limp Gawd
I just updated my BIOS on my main rig in my sig, and now I'm stuck in a perpetual reboot cycle. I tried clearing the CMOS and it didn't fix anything, I never thought updating my BIOS could have a detrimental effect on my PC haha, any help would be appreciated.

I just updated my BIOS on my main rig in my sig, and now I'm stuck in a perpetual reboot cycle. I tried clearing the CMOS and it didn't fix anything, I never thought updating my BIOS could have a detrimental effect on my PC haha, any help would be appreciated.

that sucks balls doesnt it?? my asus mb did the same thing when i tried to update with their windows update tool. i should have my board today from fedex. take the battery out for a while and hope for the best. if that doesnt work, rma. yeah sucks balls.

Same thing happened with my A8N-SLI deluxe many times with an in windows update. It ate my computer on multiple occasions. When doing a bios update in windows I had to turn off everything in windows so nothing was corrupted.

yeah it burned me big time. i had my mb for 8 day when i tried to flash it. i flamed them big time on their site about it. they have since removed the tool from their download section. in the p5k forum on their site there is 8 pages of people who had bad flashes with that tool.

I had this happen recently to my P5K Deluxe motherboard. Apparently the bios was damaged before I even downloaded it. Once I tried to flash it wiped the bios clean and would not flash successfully. I went to a few forums where P5K Deluxe owners were complaining about this bios bricking their boards and I realized I was in trouble. I downloaded a previous bios and tried to flash several times with no luck. The flash utility would not allow me to force a flash. It was telling me that it did not detect an Asus motherboard. I got my board back a few days ago, but I have not reinstalled the board yet.

I had this happen recently to my P5K Deluxe motherboard. Apparently the bios was damaged before I even downloaded it. Once I tried to flash it wiped the bios clean and would not flash successfully. I went to a few forums where P5K Deluxe owners were complaining about this bios bricking their boards and I realized I was in trouble. I downloaded a previous bios and tried to flash several times with no luck. The flash utility would not allow me to force a flash. It was telling me that it did not detect an Asus motherboard. I got my board back a few days ago, but I have not reinstalled the board yet.

still waiting on mine, fedex is killing me now. says on their site it is expected to be delivered today but it is still in ky, and i live in ma. so i think tomorrow, i hope. mailed it out on nov 21.

Happened to me with my Asus P5B-Deluxe Wifi/AP. I still have the mobo sitting in my room...guess I should RMA and sell it huh...Needless to say I don't rely on updating the BIOS within Windows anymore.

yeah it burned me big time. i had my mb for 8 day when i tried to flash it. i flamed them big time on their site about it. they have since removed the tool from their download section. in the p5k forum on their site there is 8 pages of people who had bad flashes with that tool.

ditto on my p5k deluxe, first time i didn't doa flash through dos, figured i'd join the 21st century and try a windows flash...never ever again :mad:

Well I had an idea on what mine might be, and it was b/c when I set the BIOS back to CMOS Defaults it sets the RAM voltage too low for my RAM thus sending it into boot cycles. When I just stuck one stick in it gets into the BIOS fine and I just adjust RAM voltage from there, thanks for all your guy's replies tho.

my P5K deluxe wifi did just about the same thing. One day I come home from work and the damn thing is cycling its Corrupt Bios Recovery screen. It wont let me do anything but flash through that screen, BUT no bios flashes will take, it just goes back to this screen on reboot.

the sick thing is i have already plugged THREE P5Ks in there. I am thinking its something else... I have another P5K coming in next week and another 775 motherboard coming in as well.... but I have no idea what to do.

heres my thread on the subject: http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1251760

Well I had an idea on what mine might be, and it was b/c when I set the BIOS back to CMOS Defaults it sets the RAM voltage too low for my RAM thus sending it into boot cycles. When I just stuck one stick in it gets into the BIOS fine and I just adjust RAM voltage from there, thanks for all your guy's replies tho.

Nice...I have issues like that with my new Maximus board. Doesn't seem to play nicely with Ballistix upon first boot :(.

Back