Upgrade? Black Ice 2 to Black Ice GTS 240?

mwarps

Supreme [H]ardness
I've been searching the forums and haven't found anyone who's decided to upgrade from a BI-2 to a GTS 240.

I'm wondering if anyone has any experience with this, as I modded the case for the BI-2 over 3 years ago.

I am also wondering if the PA120.2 will fit on the same exact holes as the BI-2 did, as it's a dealbreaker, and I've seen that the GTS 240 should be a drop and go replacement for the BI-2.

I've been searching the forums and haven't found anyone who's decided to upgrade from a BI-2 to a GTS 240.

I'm wondering if anyone has any experience with this, as I modded the case for the BI-2 over 3 years ago.

I am also wondering if the PA120.2 will fit on the same exact holes as the BI-2 did, as it's a dealbreaker, and I've seen that the GTS 240 should be a drop and go replacement for the BI-2.

I really dont like my GTS. Infact, I went back to the BIP. Yes, I had performed this upgrade.

The GTS is LOUDER and waay more restrictive than the BIP.

I really dont like my GTS. Infact, I went back to the BIP. Yes, I had performed this upgrade.

The GTS is LOUDER and waay more restrictive than the BIP.

eeeeeeeewwwwww. Well scratch that shit then!

How does a radiator make any noise?

Because the fins are so restrictive, I have to bump my fans up about 25% just to get the same performance as the BIP.

Sure, with strong fans the GTS owns the BIP, but at low fan speed (read: about 22dba in an orthos only load) the BIP is just a better choice.

Because the fins are so restrictive, I have to bump my fans up about 25% just to get the same performance as the BIP.

Sure, with strong fans the GTS owns the BIP, but at low fan speed (read: about 22dba in an orthos only load) the BIP is just a better choice.

That's really what I was going for, silence. Shoulda mentioned that :) Thanks

I am also wondering if the PA120.2 will fit on the same exact holes as the BI-2 did

Nope - holes need to be further apart for PA Series.

There is no point changing from Black Ice 2 to GTS240. Unless you going for a Triple Radiator, it may wroth it.

Back