Votes: 2 9.1%
  • E8400 or E8500

Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Other ( Specify )

Votes: 2 9.1%

• Total voters

Dudeyourlame

[H]ard|Gawd
Ive been looking at Q6600's and E84 and E8500's and they are definitely priced very good.

But I want to know if going from an E6400 @ 2.66 ghz is worth going to any of those? or just sit tight?

I plan on doing an entire parts refresh next fall ( Fall of 2009) and I just switched to a 4870 to squeeze out some more performance.

Edit:

I play games, and compress files into rar's and such..moderate multitasking ..

the best person to ask is yourself. we do not know your needs. We do not know if the system is responsive when multi-tasking, whether video encoding is slow and etc

I'd say Q6600 but at the same time I dont know how unresponsive or responsive your cpu/os feels right now when doing cpu intense tasks.

Is your current processor meeting your needs?

I'd wait, unless you *really* aren't happy with your performance right now. Just my opinion, though

I'm pretty sure I will just hang on to my processor, but i just had to get a better video card, for some more eyecandy @ 1920 by 1200

Don't go for the quads if you aren't into video encoding/renderings. For gaming, core 2 duo should do the job very well. So E84 or E85 would be the better choice. Just my 2 cents ;)

Back