Upgrade part two

[+Duracell-]

Limp Gawd
So after finding a local MicroCenter, I've decided to just shop there for my upgrade parts instead of going to Newegg and having them ship it to my apartment, mainly because I don't want to ship things to my apartment. I get paid next Friday, and I want to get them the same day.

Tell me how this looks:

Intel E4300 $114.50
Scythe Ninja Rev. B - $49.99
Gigabyte P965-DS3-1 - $99.99
OCZ Platinum XTC 2GB kit (OCZ2P800R22GK) - $89.99 AR

Total: ~$380 with tax

I'm carrying over an ATI X1900GT, hard drives, and a Wireless LAN card. Going to ditch the Creative Audigy SE until I can get that x-fi based Azuntech card :D

I'm guessing I'll need a fan with the Scythe Ninja, too? And what's the difference between the original DS3 and this rev, besides this one being less expensive?

I think the Ninja comes with a fan? Not certain there, but was under that impression.

Edit: Yeah, following your link, read the small print. "Included 120mm fan"

I want to say the old rev DS3s hard "cold boot issues" -- they tend to lose BIOS settings between reboots for no apparent reason, so you have to go in to BIOS when you start and reset everything? Not sure on this, you'll have to ask an actual DS3 owner. It may just be you have to save and quit out of BIOS every time. But either way it's annoying -- if that's the problem. I've seen people jabbering about something similar.

An Abit QuadGT may be a better option.

Back