Upgrade your DVDs to BLU

"Although we take appropriate measures to safeguard against unauthorized disclosures of information, we cannot assure you that personally identifiable information that we collect will never be disclosed in a manner that is inconsistent with this Privacy Policy."

ORLY?!

In that case, I'll keep shopping at resale shops for used blurays. Damn nice price though.
I do have to wonder what they're doing with all the dvd's that are being returned... :confused:

"Although we take appropriate measures to safeguard against unauthorized disclosures of information, we cannot assure you that personally identifiable information that we collect will never be disclosed in a manner that is inconsistent with this Privacy Policy."

ORLY?!

In that case, I'll keep shopping at resale shops for used blurays. Damn nice price though.
I do have to wonder what they're doing with all the dvd's that are being returned... :confused:

So you'll shop elsewhere because WB is putting in plan terms what pretty much every privacy policy says? Privacy policies aren't legally binding and companies are not required to adhere to them and they can change at any moment with or without warning. At least WB is being up front and honest about it.

So you'll shop elsewhere because WB is putting in plan terms what pretty much every privacy policy says?

Correct. If an online company won't at least try to keep my data within the immediate company, then I won't spend my money there. So yes, there are ALOT of places I don't shop online.

Privacy policies aren't legally binding and companies are not required to adhere to them and they can change at any moment with or without warning.

Not sure that's 100% accurate...so I can't/won't challenge. But if I know in advance they fully intend on sharing my data, then no, I'm not supporting them.

Lowe's had a 0% interest deal on their credit card offer when I was buying my refrigerator a month or two ago, and I was thinking WTH...easier to spread it out over a couple months than all at once...until I got to the line where they stated the same as WB did.
So I paid cash.

I don't need to be marketed any more than I already am without my say so. Why on earth would I say "yes" to more of the same, when they take the liberties that they currently take, thereby condoning their already intrusive actions.

Why is it that people don't feel the need for privacy, or for simply being respected as a consumer anymore??? :( I don't need to be marketed, targeted, number-crunched, or otherwise pigeon holed. I'm not the average bear boo boo. Nor are you I would bet. Why give in to those that want to make you one?

At least WB is being up front and honest about it.

Indeed. At least they're noble in that regard. And that *is* appreciated.

Correct. If an online company won't at least try to keep my data within the immediate company, then I won't spend my money there. So yes, there are ALOT of places I don't shop online.

Not sure that's 100% accurate...so I can't/won't challenge. But if I know in advance they fully intend on sharing my data, then no, I'm not supporting them.

Lowe's had a 0% interest deal on their credit card offer when I was buying my refrigerator a month or two ago, and I was thinking WTH...easier to spread it out over a couple months than all at once...until I got to the line where they stated the same as WB did.
So I paid cash.

I don't need to be marketed any more than I already am without my say so. Why on earth would I say "yes" to more of the same, when they take the liberties that they currently take, thereby condoning their already intrusive actions.

Why is it that people don't feel the need for privacy, or for simply being respected as a consumer anymore??? :( I don't need to be marketed, targeted, number-crunched, or otherwise pigeon holed. I'm not the average bear boo boo. Nor are you I would bet. Why give in to those that want to make you one?

Indeed. At least they're noble in that regard. And that *is* appreciated.

I'm at the point where if I want to take one of my career options further there won't be much point in trying to hide a lot of my information since a lot of stuff will be known to a lot of people. Though I am careful to a point. I understand the risks in giving any information to any site whether its Amazon or WB. If they want to sell my email address so be it, I almost never get spam in my inbox. If they want to sell my phone number, good luck with that. Not only is it a cell phone, but thanks to the national do-not-call list there isn't much telemarketers can do. If they sell my actual address, then I would get annoyed.

Last edited:
So just to confirm: do you get sent the full case for these movies or just the disc?

So just to confirm: do you get sent the full case for these movies or just the disc?

If you're ordering from the original post, you send in just the dvd disc, but you receive a full retail copy of the blu-ray, including the case.

Bullshit. Total bullshit.

Yep... if there was no difference between HD and non-HD then why do people spend all this money and labor, ANDDD effort with HD?

I think this guy was confusing non-HD with 720p (aka HD haha)

Looks like we have lost sight of exactly what this thread is about.

Cliffs:
(1) Program to exchange old commercially made DVD for new boxed BluRay titles. It no longer has to be a Warner Bros title, any title will qualify.

(2) Choose what titles you want from the list (kinda small list) and check out

(3) Shipping is free over $35 bucks

(4) Confirmation email has shipping label included

(5) Best shipping method is a bubble package just large enough for the LOOSE DVDs

(6) Include nothing with the DVDs....no cases, none of the items in the original case, just LOOSE DVDs, no tape, LOOSE DVDs

(7) Do include an extra copy of the shipping label in case for identification.

(8) You will be notified when the package has been received

(9) Actual shipment of the new BluRay order takes around a month after receiving the DVD's

All of this info was either on the site or on the shipping instructions, so it isn't hard to find.

I will remind you again that this is not a forum for off topic discussion...it is for [H]ot Deals

I saw this over at SD and thought it warranted a post over here. Warner Bros is offering a deal to upgrade your DVDs to Warner Bros Blu-Rays. The prices vary depending on the title, but it's either $5-$7 for movies or $15-$20 for TV shows.

It works like this --

You pick a bunch of movies you want and pay the cost. They send you shipping materials and you put the disc in and send it back (just the disc). They then send you the blu-rays.

They've run this deal before, but you had to trade in a DVD version of the movie you wanted. This time, you can send any "qualifying DVD" from any studio and get any blu-ray you want.

So you can either upgrade your DVDs to blu, or get rid of those "omg, wtf was I thinking when I bought this" movie. Or better yet -- stop by the Big lots and get some cheap DVD to send in.

Shipping is a flat rate of $5, or free if you spend more than $35 (and I know you can!!!). You don't pay a dime to ship them your movies.

They consider a qualifying DVD as:

Qualifying DVDs include any Warner Bros. or non-Warner Bros. pre-recorded discs that contain professionaly produced film content purchased at a regualr retail or e-commerce store (excluding adult content).

http://www.dvd2blu.com

Hot deal for some good movies!!

Sorry to bump this, has anyone gotten their blu rays yet or a notification that their dvds have been received?

I've noticed now that on the website it has changed from ANY dvd to only certain limited dvds listed on their site.

I really hope they don't try and fuck over people by saying you didn't send in teh correct dvds now.

Well thats a shame. Guess I missed the "ANY" dvd period....doh.

This is cool though, im tempted to try it.

I ordered my movies on the 5th and I have confirmation from USPS that they received my DVDs on the 10th. I haven't received any notification other than the original Order Confirmation email.

They'll be receiving an email right about now.

I ordered my movies on the 5th and I have confirmation from USPS that they received my DVDs on the 10th. I haven't received any notification other than the original Order Confirmation email.

They'll be receiving an email right about now.

Well, it hasnt been over 4-5 weeks yet...

I received my Blu-Ray movies in less than 2 weeks from the time I dropped them in the mail. I just sent in 6 whatever DVD's, mostly junk I bought in the $5 bin at Wallyworld.

I just read the requirements on the website and they have changed the rules for exchange. It has to be the same movie, which really limits the choices.

Last edited:
My package was delivered November 4th and since then I've received no contact from WB. I'll give them one more week and then the bitching starts.

Got to enjoy an entire one month ban and don't even have any Blu-Rays to show for it :rolleyes:.

I'm seeing "any" DVD again/still. Here are the relevant images Coralized from their site:

head_home.jpg

howitworks.jpg

Well they emailed me back saying that two of the movies I ordered (V for Vendetta and Shoot Em Up) were in high demand and out of stock. I received that email on the 26th of November. Still have yet to get a confirmation email.

Jumped on this deal and sent in 12 discs, which USPS tracking shows as "delivered" on Nov. 10th.

No confirmation email. Plenty of spam from them since, though.

:mad:

Through all of my readings on this deal here and elsewhere, it has taken up to 4-5 weeks to receive your disks. I would speculate that orders from all of the Deals Forums have backed up the process tremendously. I put my order in before the crowd and got my order in less than 2 weeks turn around....others will take longer due to the demand.

Bullshit. Total bullshit.
Screen size alone doesn't matter. It is the combination of screen size and viewing distance that determines whether you see a difference between SD and HD resolution.

You can easily test for yourself -- simply set your Blu-ray player to output 480p resolution instead of 1080p resolution. Watch a movie on a 42" screen from 4' away and you should perceive a substantial difference between 480p and 1080p. Watch the same movie on a 50" screen from 20' away and you probably won't perceive a difference.

Well, Ive always been one to follow the rules to a T, and ive always got my rebates... but Ive yet to hear anything from them... placed in order back when it first started shipped off the dvd's and nada : ( And that makes me a saaaad panda..

now I am glad I lagged on this... sheesh... maybe the turn around will get better after the holidays?

I did the Red2Blu thing a while back and didn't have any issues. Not sure what happened to them.

Sorry for the bump, It's now been over 5 weeks for me, and still not a peep from them.

No email, no blu rays in the mail, nothing. USPS shows my package delivered to them just fine and it shouldn't take 6+ weeks to get this.

I have a feeling I'll never get them now, and I just threw out a bunch of dvds for no reason.

Sorry for the bump, It's now been over 5 weeks for me, and still not a peep from them.

No email, no blu rays in the mail, nothing. USPS shows my package delivered to them just fine and it shouldn't take 6+ weeks to get this.

I have a feeling I'll never get them now, and I just threw out a bunch of dvds for no reason.

Have you tried contacting them at all? Was your credit card charged?

I just sent mine in yesterday...certainly not expecting them by the holidays but by Valentine's Day would be nice. :)

I used this service and it was awesome. I did 10 Blu-Ray discs the first time, and I'm wondering if I should do this again.

A place called Entertainmart near where I live was blowing out all their HD DVD discs for $1.99. That would let you go Red 2 Blu for ~$7 per movie. Or basically get brand new Blu Ray movies for $7.

I sent my DVDs in right when I saw this thread, according to USPS tracking they arrived there in the first week of november. My card was just charged last friday (12/9), so I'm expecting my blu-rays to show up soon. They must have a pretty big backlog of orders. It would be nice if they had some kind of order tracking or status update emails.

The claim:

Q: Have you received my DVDs?
A: We will send you an e-mail once we’ve checked your DVDs into our processing facility. Your prepaid postage label includes delivery tracking.

Q: What is the status of my order?
A: Your prepaid postage label includes delivery tracking (see above). We will also send you an email when your new Blu-ray discs ship. You will be able to track the Blu-ray discs through the UPS or USPS tracking system.

The reality:

(crickets chirping ...)

Last edited:
I'm sure Warner Bros...or whoever they use as a distributor, was overwhelmed by the response since this was listed on many deals sites. I got mine fast because I got in ahead of the crunch. I think they will be catching up right after Christmas.

Ok so today has been a good day so far. With out any word my movies finally came in over a month late. And my car tires and rims came in early : ) not the shit is, my tv kinda died 2 weeks ago so cant watch the movies till i get it back up and running...:rolleyes:

Congrats! Looks like it took about 10 days between the charge on your card and you having them in your hands...let's hope it is that quick (or faster) for the rest of us. :D

Edit: Got mine today...they must have ramped up the process for the holidays.

Last edited:
Back