Upgrading from Droid Maxx to Moto PureX (Verizon)

Jarod888

2[H]4U
Hello -
First things first..
I have already purchased the MotoX. I am not rooting it or unlocking the bootloader. Please do not suggest these actions.

I have had my Droid Maxx for about 2.5 years. It is running Android version 4.1.2.

1.. I LOVE the email app. I have 8 different email accts that all have their own named widget in an email folder on the home screen.
I click the email folder and then pick the email acct I want to check.

In reading recently about the new version of Android, both Lolipop and Marshmallow, it seems that this functionality is gone.
I DO NOT want all of my email accts managed through one "location" simply separated by a label.
I want each to have their own separate "widget" or something so that when I click on one acct, I know I am only in that acct.
Please recommend an app or provide instructions on acquiring this functionality.

2. I have not turned on the new MotoX. I want to first transfer everything from the Droid Maxx to the new Moto X.
I understand that Moto Migrate has this capability, but I understand that it has been removed from Marshmallow.
For the time being, I want to prevent the phone from updating to Marshmallow.
I want to transfer contacts, pictures, sms messages, etc.
I have backed up all of my apps using App Backup and Restore V 4.0.5 I would like to transfer these to the new phone.
I have some apps which I do not want upgraded to new versions. AFirewall 1.9.6 comes to mind.
Is there a simple process for transferring apps to the new phone and retaining versioning?
I can copy all of the data from my old phone to my computer and then copy it to the new phone.

3. Please advise me of other things I should be aware of before turning on the new phone.
Do I have to call Verizon to switch the phone in my acct?
I do not want them to change anything with my acct, as I have the unlimited data and DO NOT want to loose it.
I have specific ring tones for alot of my contacts. I made these using RingDroid. Will they work with the new phone.
I want to remove facebook, twitter, etc from the phone. I do not, nor do I plan to ever use those apps.

Thanks for all your assistance. I appreciate it.

Last edited:
Back