UPS ground = Crawl Slow Delivery DIE UPS!!!

ForceCalibur

Dipshit in Training
Heh, just venting abit. I can't stand how UPS takes more than a day to get from one city to another in the SAME STATE.

*Bites ForceCalibur's ear off*

You go to helll!!!!!!! and die!!!!!!!!

<----Works for UPS

Oh cool you work there? Do you know why it takes like USPS 2 days to get from California to Massachusetts (literally, the longest line you can make across the U.S.) While it takes UPS 5 days to get from Florida to Massachusetts (only a few states away, north to south)?
Whats USPS do that UPS doesn't?

you are comparing USPS priority a 2-3 day service to UPS ground, that is unfair, USPS has something called parcel post which is supposed to be equal to a ground service.

:rolleyes: you want faster delivery then pay for faster service..but please don't... my hub only handles ground.. :D

anyways when UsPS breaks a package or delivers it very late they are all like "who the fuck cares"

UPS will repay the shipping cost and even pay for a package broken in transit(sp?)

:D you see, we love customers :)

ufokillerz said:
you are comparing USPS priority a 2-3 day service to UPS ground, that is unfair, USPS has something called parcel post which is supposed to be equal to a ground service.

UPS ground is
#1 WAYYY WAYYY WAYYY WAYYY more expensive than USPS PRIORITY (not even comparable to Parcel Post)
#2 USPS Priority is very cheap compared to UPS ground, and is even faster
#3 UPS doesnt even offer other services, its ground or 2 day air, and if you think USPS priority is expensive you will piss in your pance at 2 day air.

UPS does suck if you ask me.

S0mE0nEsMiNd1 said:
UPS ground is
#1 WAYYY WAYYY WAYYY WAYYY more expensive than USPS PRIORITY (not even comparable to Parcel Post)
#2 USPS Priority is very cheap compared to UPS ground, and is even faster
#3 UPS doesnt even offer other services, its ground or 2 day air, and if you think USPS priority is expensive you will piss in your pance at 2 day air.

UPS does suck if you ask me.

we are talking about a coast to coast package here.
dont forget to add $100 insurance to the USPS priority cost

UPS also has Next Day Air. And add Saturday Delivery to that... OMFG.

Depending what I sell, I use both USPS and UPS.

ufokillerz said:
we are talking about a coast to coast package here.
dont forget to add $100 insurance to the USPS priority cost

$100 in shipping is $1.20, and USPS will still be way cheaper.

ZorPrime said:
UPS also has Next Day Air. And add Saturday Delivery to that... OMFG.

Depending what I sell, I use both USPS and UPS.

Exactly....while USPS also has 2 day air, next day blah blah, they also have many cheaper ones
First Class
Media (I LOVE media mail at that 1.42 to ship a package is a DREAM COME TRUE)
Parcel Post
Priority

I may even be missing one.

I guess what would make UPS desiable is their Business style delivery services, where they give discounts + stuff for people with UPS accounts.

If USPS did that, thatd be way sweet. Too bad USPS is a government agency, non profit asfaik.

ForceCalibur said:
Oh cool you work there? Do you know why it takes like USPS 2 days to get from California to Massachusetts (literally, the longest line you can make across the U.S.) While it takes UPS 5 days to get from Florida to Massachusetts (only a few states away, north to south)?
Whats USPS do that UPS doesn't?

USPS doesnt use trucks to go between states were as UPS does. They actually have drivers that go from say the miami hub to the springfield hub. were anything out of the city of origin with USPS hits the airport. I worked for USPS and UPS in the airport before i got into network administration ;)

Ever wonder why most retailers don't offer USPS as delivery option? When things goes wrong, it can get really bad. Why do most business that need to send time sensitive materials using FedEx or UPS next day? Reliability. Not saying USPS is bad but you do pay extra for their "gurantee" after all. If you wanted something faster you should have really asked different shipping method.
BTW, I use UPS ground for most of my orders... :) Usually next day deliver since I am in So.Cal.

I wanna get a refurb video card from newegg.. but they only seem to offer fedex.. anyone know if I could get it changed to UPS?

:D This UPSer isn't going to have fedex anywhere near the front door :D

I quit using Fedex after their 30 holding of a 2 day package because they couldnt find it. It finally got delivered, and 2 weeks later they called to say they still couldnt locate the package.

ive had more shit ruined and packages take 10 days to be delievered from close states with UPS than ive ever, ever had with USPS. if you screw up the customs forums or put a wrong address on a packages, USPS gives it back free. Fedex sure as hell doesnt, they charge you both ways; UPS is probabily the same way.

kronchev said:
ive had more shit ruined and packages take 10 days to be delievered from close states with UPS than ive ever, ever had with USPS. if you screw up the customs forums or put a wrong address on a packages, USPS gives it back free. Fedex sure as hell doesnt, they charge you both ways; UPS is probabily the same way.

"Probably"?.. I don't like that statement.. if you don't know then don't say "probably"... "probably" will get you slaped... probably of course..

as far as I know.. we just slap a Return to sender on it and send it back via ground... "probably" ;)

also dont forget saturday delievery is free with usps ;)

its like a gagillion dollars with UPS...

i tried to ship a package same day with UPS once becuase it was a family emergency... they told me it would cost like $600 to get something from miami to washington dc...

for $600 i can buy a plane ticket and take it myself :rolleyes:

which is what i had to end up doing

It's simply really, use usps for light packages and ups for heavy ones. UPS isn't setup to handle letters/large envelopes/small packages, and USPS isn't setup for large and or heavy packages. If you'd just take a look at the engineering in the two facilities (I used to work at UPS), you'd understand there price schemes.

UPS SUCKS!

God, I despise that shitty company. I've recieved packages that looked like UPS played BASKETBALL with them. And shit that takes Fedex 3 days to do takes UPS the full 7 of the ground contract.

Why does UPS say 5-7 Buisiness days when it 99.99% of the time takes 7 full days?!

your not too smart are you?

5-7 business days means 5-9 full days since weekends are not business days

one business day is not 8 hours and 5 business days is not 40 hours

and incase I misunderstood.. seven days still falls within the seven days

IISEVIL said:
your not too smart are you?

5-7 business days means 5-9 full days since weekends are not business days

one business day is not 8 hours and 5 business days is not 40 hours

and incase I misunderstood.. seven days still falls within the seven days
Perhaps it's YOU who isn't too smart.

I know it takes 7 buisness days. Which is why UPS sucks.

Order something on a monday and they ship it Tuesday.
Wed
Thursday
Fri
Mon
Tues
Wed
Thur

More than a full week after you order it.

mattyfatty182 said:
UPS SUCKS!

Why does UPS say 5-7 Buisiness days when it 99.99% of the time takes 7 full days?!

look... you are complaining about how ups says 5-7 business days when they take 7 full days to get to you... umm... I hate to say it but seven full days if the package was not recieved on a monday means that the package was indeed delivered in 5 business days
and incase you don't believe weekends count as full days it was still delivered in 9 days including those two weekend days which means that it was still delivered in 7 business days.. which still means your entire hatred towards UPS is unfounded and they have done nothing but keep thier promise

besides UPS is not responsible for when the company you ordered from actually shipped the product

once again :D you're not very smart are you?

i do what most others do- usps for anything under 8 or 9 pounds, UPS for everything else.
I've got UPS's back though, they have awesome customer service, and tracking. usps loses a priority package, and you're screwed. i have had that happen 3 times now. UPS picks up your packages for 2 bucks, and usps picks them up for free, but the usps guy is here everyday anyways! i would hope it would be free.
plus, if you have a business account with UPS, you can get those peel and stick printer labels for free! woohoo!
not to mention the fact that my husband is a union worker- [Yellow]Roadway Express... :)

GOD, I hate UPS guys here.. me and my friends got in so many arguement with them, now we only ship it through Fedex or USPS.. cuz they are way better than UPS..

Yea, I also despise getting packages via UPS. I always always use USPS for shipping, inrcedibly fast, cheap, seem like the packages are handled well. UPS on the other hand, I got one package that was mashed about 1/2 the size it should have been, luckily it was a very durable part inside, but it also was routed to the wrong place (i live in NJ, it went to some woman in Maine)... ugh, and they're so slow.

So, yea, your not the only one...

as someone else said... ups rules for freight. plain and simple. anything larger than i'd say a tower... i'd send ups.

that being said... for ANYTHING else i'd MUCH rather have it sent fedex... or even usps.

don't send small things ups. they have a nasty habit of getting crushed.

Dont forget about fedex, i ordered a Thermaltake Tsunami Case.....check out this:

http://www.fedex.com/cgi-bin/tracking
Enter this tracking #: 417623310000285

Apparently my Package has been on a vehicle out for delivery for about 100 Hours straight. Hmmmm funny...I call Fed Ex, they say they tried to deliver it Wed. (The day it says its supposed to be delivered and on the truck). Funny...I was home ALL DAY....There was NOTHING at my front door. and i sure as hell would have heard them at the door.....and when no ones home, they always leave a slip or update the tracking to reflect that they will try tommorow or something. Right now im FUCKING PISSED. what do you suggest I do?

fedex usually leaves a little door hanger thing on your door knob or something... shipping address wrong or something???

you can call and arrange to pick it up in person at the shipping place i believe... or at least i've done this with ups before.

shipping address is not wrong, guy used my paypal address (got off ebay). I dont have time to pickup id drive, find a fed ex truck and slap him in the face if i could. But I cant....no car :(

Thats seriously screwed up! When they cannot deliever the package, the status will change from Out for Delivery to Notice Left, then the following day will be Out for Delievery again, but it should show that they left a notice. There is a problem somewhere there....

Even better.

I had someone from here send me a raptor. UPS 2day. Sent it out Friday. I tracked it and it's scheduled for a Tuesday delivery.

;)

Every time UPS drops a package off to my house, it looks like it was used for a WOrld Soccer Match. :mad:

And forget trying to claim insurance on an item UPS damaged by trying to score the winning goal with it. It took me 2 months of bitching on the phone before I finally got my money. :mad: :mad:

I too hate UPS.. for many reasons. I only use ups to ship (for the heavier stuff) because they have a lot of stores close to me. Everything else I use USPS. Sometimes I drive to the place that ships fedex but its too far to do that everytime. USPS is cheap and fast. UPS... errrr.. they are usually slow but my packages are in good condition when i get them. Fedex never had a problem til recently, someone shipped a package out to me via fedex the 14th. The tracking just stopped the 15th. 304634730986254 is the tracking. But UPS had many problems, recently took an extra day for some stupid reason and it finally got delivered at 5:12 when I was about to call UPS about it. 1Z 079 05E 03 4077 393 5
is the tracking. USPS has the free DC via online and is just better.

Dammit. I had a package that was supposed to arrive today, and it didn't.Fed Ex's tracking page says it hasn't moved since 5:30 am Saturday. So I call FedEx, they tell me, yes, the package was supposed to arrive today, but it wasn't at the hub, and they took my info because it may have been misplaced, i.e lost... How do they lose a package that is 36x18x18 and weighs 20lbs?!?

I'm really sorry to say this... but 20#s is actually a pretty small package...

Back