UPS?!

staticz

Limp Gawd
So my 360 red ringed. First time ever and it is a launch console. Anyway everything went pretty smooth and I was surprised to see that UPS got my 360 to Microsoft in only two days. MS sends it back to me on 8/21 with an expected delivery of 8/26 (damn weekends) Just to make sure I checked my tracking information to make sure there were no issues. Then I saw this:

my.php

Why did they ship it to Omaha? It just irks me that it was sitting in Salina and for whatever reason UPS decides to ship it to Nebraska. They could have delivered i on Monday but no now I have to wait until Tuesday. I swear they are just toying with me, or helping me break an addiction :D

I have no explanation for it, but I had a similar experience with UPS when I ordered my component cables for my Wii from Nintendo. They were shipped from Redmond WA, about 35 miles from my house, but before coming to my door they made a stop in Portland OR and then over to Montana.

There is a good chance EA is to blame for this.

What do you mean?

I'd give UPS a call man, ask whats going on. I'm sure its just the way they route and sort everything depending where the sorting facilities are. In the end, at least you are still going to receive your package on the 26th!

I'm watching my tracking from Newegg's TN warehouse. I could actually watch the truck on it's way to Indianapolis as they go by, only to bring it back down the same road to Louisville (passing my house again), just to go to Clarksville (4 miles away), then finally, to me. That just doesn't seem very efficient.

I've been watching a package, too.

Arrived in Oklahoma City (where I live) on Friday. It's been sitting there since. Scheduled delivery isn't until tomorrow. Would it really hurt to just deliver the dumb thing a day early? I know Fedex would...

So I called UPS for humor I suppose. They said that things like this happens when there is bad weather. Well IIRC it was 94 degrees on Friday and sunny. Basically she didn't have an answer nor did she seem to care. Its been about two weeks and one more day won't hurt but I still don't understand their logic.

I'd be willing to bet a good deal that the way they are delivering your package is the most cost-effective for them. I'm sure UPS has very complicated algorithms set up to figure out routes.

Usps did a similar thing to me.

I ordered a DVI-hdmi adapter from monoprice, and it ships from CA. I also live in california, but when I check the tracking the next day, they shipped it to virginia? I guess...

Made me wait 8 days for one tiny adapter, when it was only supposed to take one.

Looks like a missort, I work at UPS and they are heavily frowned upon since the customer is both dissatisfied and can get their money back. It'll come back to Salina soon.

Yeah it is an interesting situation. But what gets me is the "expected delivery" has always been 8/26. I almost have to think FuryStrike may be right. But I won't be getting any compensation because I did not pay for it. Also DHL imo is better but telling that to MS may be rough lol.

Thanks for all the input guys. I will update as to whether I get it tomorrow, as scheduled, or not.

What do you mean?

I'd give UPS a call man, ask whats going on. I'm sure its just the way they route and sort everything depending where the sorting facilities are. In the end, at least you are still going to receive your package on the 26th!

It's an EA is the devil joke ;) Everyone makes one at some point in there life.

I've had great RROD experiences. First took 5 days, second took 4. My friends however. Not so lucky. He lives about 20km away, and had to wait a month. How, I will never know.

I found it hilariously disheartening that the guy working the UPS counter knew exactly what I was sending out when I got my RROD. Shipped and returned just fine, with the exception that on return the label/tracking# was bought a week before it ever left the premises - drove me nuts.

*cough* DHL FTW *cough*

DHL once had my package sitting in their local delivery office scheduled for delivery a week later, I just went there and asked for it and the staff said,"Well we are going to deliver it next Wed." I asked to take it right then instead. I have had issues with all the shipping companies, no place is 100%.

DHL once had my package sitting in their local delivery office scheduled for delivery a week later, I just went there and asked for it and the staff said,"Well we are going to deliver it next Wed." I asked to take it right then instead. I have had issues with all the shipping companies, no place is 100%.

QFT

DHL seems to do this more than the others... if the package arrives early, they wait for the expected delivery date. But at the same time, if you get their 2-day or overnight... it's THERE when it's supposed to be.

Personally, if I'm shipping ground-rate, I go with USPS... they're good at what they do, plus they deliver on saturdays ^_^

after considering how many boxes they ship, how cheap they do it and their accuracy i can't really be mad for mishaps. Sure its annoying to not have your package ontime, shit happens

Missort, theft, mistakes (huge range of things here) etc etc.

I get somewhere between 15 and 50 boxes shipped to me per month from all major shipping companies on all different kind of methods.

Overnight/ground/express/2day/etc Ground from southern cali will almost always make it to me the next day, sometimes it doesn't; i'm paying for 3-7 day service and i avg 1 - 1.5 days. Just on friday i was building a budget PC, Case $300 in guts and the OS. The OS got lost, they found it and got it to me one day later which sucked because i told the person they could pick it up come friday and i wasn't able to deliver because UPS couldn't deliver because the package was lost.

The best excuse i ever heard though was from my FedEx guy.

Scenario, he delivered several boxes (5+) and one was missing and i asked him to check the truck, he said nope nothing. So i signed and 3 hours later he comes back with my monitor (missing box). Sorry I missorted it, but here it is. Here is the legendary line he gave me:

"There are so many boxes and they're all brown"

I suppose thats better than him finding it taking it back to the warehouse and bringing it to me the next day to save face, instead he manned up and brought it to me.

Still hilarious.

"There are so many boxes and they're all brown"

This is the bane of my existence on paper load days at work... the whole store gets 8-10 pallets of paper supplies, and I have to go back and sort through to find which ones go into my department. probably around 300 or so boxes with tiny little stickers that I have to read.

UGH

after considering how many boxes they ship, how cheap they do it and their accuracy i can't really be mad for mishaps.

Way FT. The complexity of the logistics involved in parcel shipment is mind-boggling. How they can get anything to anyone in a reasonable amount of time is amazing. And before you assume, no I don't work for any of them.

Parcel companies are all in business to make a profit. They're not holding your package just to piss you off (well, not usually anyway). If your package is sitting in their distribution center on Friday but it's not slated for delivery until Tuesday, they're not going to include it in the route until then because a package slated for Monday is going to get that spot. The shorter the trucks are on the road, the less it costs the company.

[vent]

I bought a 2gb SD card for Wii homebrew from Buy.com and used their free (garbage) economy shipping which goes through the mail yet UPS takes it from Buy and drops it off at the post office. (Which makes me ask: what, Buy.com's shipping sites receive no mail whatsoever and have no daily USPS pickup????)

It arrived at my local sort center Monday and was scheduled to be dropped at the post office Monday night and delivered yesterday. Guess where these morons (UPS) took it (after it was already at the local UPS hub)? WISCONSIN. :mad: Maybe if I'm lucky it'll be back in MO tomorrow and I'll get it Friday. :rolleyes:

First off I was never complaining it showed up on time, not till 6pm but whatever. I just found it funny that they would do that. I understand shit happens and my 360 went to Nebraska. Oh well. However it did freeze today.....I think I'm going to buy a new video card :p

Back