USB 2.0 Hub

P4rD0nM3

[H]ard|Gawd
Since I've bought a wired keyboard and mouse to replace my wireless kb/mouse combo, I can't place them at the back and is therefore an eyesore...I was wondering what USB hubs do you guys use? I prefer to screw the hub under the table or on top of the table...I don't know. It has to be black and stylish! No colourful shit!

About 6 months ago I was looking for a hub too with pretty much the same requirements. No matter how much I search I could not find one that would suffice. Anything that came close was either discontinued and out of stock everywhere or wasn't powered (my primary requirement was most, if not all, ports had to be in the back of the hub.

I finally had to compromise and settle for this one:

http://www.iogear.com/product/GUH227/

It's not black (it's white) but it doesn't look bad. So far it has worked great.

I have a Kensington Dome Hub sitting on my desk. Not black but silver and black go together pretty well and it looks reasonably stylish.

Kensington-weighted-DomeHub.jpg

How much it cost? Nothing w/the name Logitech on it tends to be cheap... CompUSA over here seems to have half a dozen different hubs, several portable or semi-portable hubs even (some powered) which have all ports on the same side or are easy to hide if that's your thing... I'd take a stroll down to your local electronics store before going mad trying to find one online.

I snagged the Belkin 4-port that Newegg Shell Shocked last week for $12.99. Very happy with it. (low profile, has a cable clutch, performs great)

I have this belkin hub velcroed (is that a proper word?) to the bottom of my desk. Works fine. The pictures do not show it, but the two sections that look like reflectors are blue LEDs. Very bright blue LEDs

How much it cost? Nothing w/the name Logitech on it tends to be cheap... CompUSA over here seems to have half a dozen different hubs, several portable or semi-portable hubs even (some powered) which have all ports on the same side or are easy to hide if that's your thing... I'd take a stroll down to your local electronics store before going mad trying to find one online.

You still have a CompUSA :(

Yeah, they re-opened in Texas, FL, and Puerto Rico I believe... Under new administration, I think Systemax or Systemax's parent company bought those locations. It's got a little bit more of a warehouse-feel to it now (like Microcenter/Fry's I guess? never been to either myself), less of a Best Buy/Circuit City... Even tho they still sell electronics/home entertaiment stuff and there's still a tech support/repair center in there.

They've got great prices tho, which is all I really care about, and a lot more variety when it comes to accessories and small miscellaneous gear (cables, thumbdrives, stuff like hubs, etc.). Best Buy's prices in Puerto Rico are a rip-off, they're way more marked up than Circuit City or CompUSA (before closing and re-opening) ever were.

I just picked this one (7-ports) up from Fry's for about $16 (after tax):

5660081.box.GIF

http://www.frys.com/product/5660081

Mine doesn't have the yellow sticker on it like the image does. It has a blue LED near the micro usb port that lights up whenever you have devices connected.

Back