USB devices will not work on boot until replugged (Windows 8)

Zurginator

Gawd
Despite how everyone seems to hate it, I'm rather enjoying W8, bar 1 issue: When I turn on my computer, specifically from sleep mode, several of my USB devices will not function until I unplug them and plug them back in. These are the devices:
Wacom Intuos 3: 0 functionality until replugging.
Wireless 360 controller: Questionable functionality, sometimes complete lack of it until replugging.
Logitech T650: Drivers not picking up on it until replug, if attached to certain ports.

None of these were issues on Windows 7 (Though I didn't have the touchpad at that time). Any ideas on how to fix it? The Wacom is the biggest issue.

Go into control panel and then power options and change plan settings, then change advanced settings. scroll down to the USB setting and set the USB selective suspend setting to Disabled. Click apply.

See if that helps.

I feel your pain. I had to update my BIOS to make it "better". However, there are still some USB ports that I shouldn't use for my DAS keyboard. Rarely, the keyboard would require me to unplug and replug to work after sleep.

Check your motherboard vendor for windows 8 drivers.
None, which is really sad since it's a rather high-end board (or was....). P6T7.

Go into control panel and then power options and change plan settings, then change advanced settings. scroll down to the USB setting and set the USB selective suspend setting to Disabled. Click apply.

See if that helps.
Didn't do jack. :(

I feel your pain. I had to update my BIOS to make it "better". However, there are still some USB ports that I shouldn't use for my DAS keyboard. Rarely, the keyboard would require me to unplug and replug to work after sleep.
DAS here too, I have to use the PS/2 or sometimes the keyboard won't work.

Sounds like a BIOS setting has it set that USB are on delay / till used on reboot.
Take a look in BIOS for USB settings.
If they are ok I would check for update a good free software Slim Drivers ( http://download.cnet.com/SlimDrivers-Free/3000-18513_4-75279940.html )
Don't see how it could be BIOS since it wasn't an issue in 7, and there hasn't been a BIOS jump?

Last edited:
Back