USB headset ---> x-fi & HD280's

Porter_

[H]F Junkie
I picked up an x-fi xtremegamer and sennheiser HD280 headphones today. I did not expect this much of an improvement in games (sound quality wise). Coming from a USB headset to this set up is night and day. I have definitely been underestimated the role audio plays in a game's immersion. I know this kind of thread is pointless but I want to thank the boards for the info i got from reading various threads started by others. All good things said about the HD280's seem to be true.

I gamed with the HD-280s for about 2 years and I will say they're even better for gaming than my DT-880s due to the excellent sound isolation. Though comfort wise I prefer my 880s. When playing CS they definitely provide an advantage. Glad you're enjoying them

Dismissed HD280 for lower comfort then with my Beyerdynamics 990. So they sound better straight off the X-Fi or do you use an amp?

Dismissed HD280 for lower comfort then with my Beyerdynamics 990. So they sound better straight off the X-Fi or do you use an amp?

I run my HD280's straight off the x-fi. I'm by no means a reputable source about this stuff, but I'm not sure these headphones would benefit much from adding an amp. The sound seems clear and the bass is deep as they are. Maybe someone with more of an audio background could give some input on this.

naw you are ok with just the X-Fi. Upgrade your headphones then probably unless you get some Audio Technicas.

Back