Used Laptops Good Condition FS or FT

Status
Not open for further replies.
how much do they weigh? how long does the battery last? are batteries available to purchase? thanks.

The units weigh around 9 pounds, but the weight comes from the metal cases that they are built out of. These are really tough machines, built to military specs as I said in the posting. These Itronix have an excellent battery life of around 3 hours during operation. The laptops come with a battery installed, but we have no extra batteries available for sale. Hope this answers your questions, but feel free to ask if there is anything else that you would like to know about these.

So if this laptop fell in the water and became completely submerged would it still work?

My friend wants a computer by his hot tub and I thought this might work.

These are water and dust resistant laptops built to military specifications. They are NOT waterproof. I suppose that using them around a hot tub would be okay on them, but I would be reluctant to use one while actually in the tub. Minor splashes probably wouldn't be harmful to them, but submerging one and expecting it to still work would most likely be out of the question. Hope this was helpful.

There is not a CD Rom installed on these, but an extenal (USB) will work with them. As far as I know the internal drives can be obtained from various places such as EBay.

Can you install windows through a external cdrom? also does it come with an A/C adapter?

Im intersted in one.

Thanks

It is possible. It would take some technical expertise, however. If you had a bootable floppy with external CD-Rom drivers on it, then yes, I suppose so. We usually install the OS via the network installation method using Ghost. Sorry, no AC adapter. They are inexpensive and easy to obtain.

Yes they are, but the size comes from all of the materials used to protect it from water, dust and shock. They are a bit of a brute of a machine, but for the price they are hard to beat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back