useing ati Tool .. "heatup phase"

Firebomb

[H]ard|Gawd
i was trying to see what I can do.. i used the find highest overclock. and when it goes to the heatup phase the image cube is jerky.. is that normal? i stoped it cuz i wasnt sure if it being jerky ment it was heating up... it starts at 300 core and it was at 384 when I stoped it. mem is at 200

Firebomb said:
i was trying to see what I can do.. i used the find highest overclock. and when it goes to the heatup phase the image cube is jerky.. is that normal? i stoped it cuz i wasnt sure if it being jerky ment it was heating up... it starts at 300 core and it was at 384 when I stoped it. mem is at 200

not sure but remember to have your fan at 100%..itll keep it cooler allowing for a higher oc

Set the Fan @ 100%
Then run your tests.
The Yellow spikes are artifacts.
If you see Yellow spikes all over the cube, then the tool is finding the break point.
This is normal.
But you don't really want to see the spikes, so the levels right before all the spikes show up is the safe settings for gaming.

Your card will be able to go higher with proper cooling, but it will be impractical power, good for 3DMark runs, but not for anything else.

i think this may be a bug with the latetst ATI Tool as my X1900XT under water now does this too.

this might sound stupid. but how do u set the fan to 100% on the laptop?

You probably don't. If ATItool detects a fan that can be changed on the gfx chip in your laptop, you should notice the fan speeding up if you change it to 100% in ATI Tool's fan page.

It depends on what the laptop has cooling the chip. It could just be passive or linked to the CPU cooling or who knows. :)

right click on ati tray tools go to hardware then overclocking settings then at the top there should be a tab for fan

Back