Using a headset with Corsair SP2500 Speakers

GaleForce

Gawd
So I just got a set of SP2500s and realized that while there are 2 AUX in ports, as well as a headphone port, there is no way to plug a mic into the system. The front I/O ports on my computer case are broken at the moment and it is extremely difficult to find the replacement part for those so I was thinking about getting some 5.25 bay device that allowed me to plug my headset in on the front again. In the mean time is there anyway I can use a headset in conjunction with my new speakers, without having to swap the inputs on the back every time, or am I SOL currently? Would getting a sound card, rather than using the onboard audio outputs from the mobo, provide a solution to this as well? For example plugging the speakers into the soundcard and then keeping the headset plugged into the onboard audio ports? Thanks for your help.

EDIT: Also are there any other 2.1 systems that are as good as the SP2500 that let you plug a mic in? I have thought about building my own system using bookshelves, a sub, and an amp but I haven't done the research yet and I wanted to try these for 30 days and return them if I didn't like them. In addition I barely have enough room on my desk for the left and right channel so I doubt I would have room for bookshelves unless I put them behind my monitors.

Back