Using Android is Like 'Peeing in Your Pants'

HardOCP News

[H] News
And the quote of the day is brought to you by Nokia, Android and the letter P.

Anssi Vanjoki, outgoing head of Nokia’s smartphone division, likens mobile phone makers that adopt Google’s software to Finnish boys who“pee in their pants” for warmth in the winter. Temporary relief is followed by an even worse predicament.

Swedish boys may pee in their pants, but at least they don't shit in their hands.

Using a Nokia E71x is similar to shitting your pants then. That phone needs to die in a fire.

My friends from India and Pakistan tell me that everyone over there uses Nokia phones. I...don't understand why. Something about the build quality and low maintenance. But I would probably throw a Nokia phone in the garbage upon holding it after finding out it can't do even 1/4th of what my Android phone can do.

Sounds like you speak from experience.

OT - Nokia would benefit a great deal if they divide their new N8 smartphone into Nokia's OS and Android OS versions.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think Nokia should focus on making phones that aren't complete garbage and actually have a good OS before talking about their competitors.

whoa...I...you know, I dont know what to say about this. pretty scary sounding though

Last edited by a moderator:
If peeing your pants is cool, you can consider me Miles Davis.

LOL, I came in here just to say that!!

n267364202547_8175.jpg

My friends from India and Pakistan tell me that everyone over there uses Nokia phones. I...don't understand why. Something about the build quality and low maintenance. But I would probably throw a Nokia phone in the garbage upon holding it after finding out it can't do even 1/4th of what my Android phone can do.

The European market seems different from the American. We don't get all the deals Americans get by making contracts with phone companies. It exists but it's not as common practice. So it's not as easy to pay a single $900 payment as it is to write your name on a paper and pay $200. It's much easier to buy a Symbian Nokia phone that costs less.

That is why Nokia is doing good in Europe. They cost less, they don't have useless applications that aren't even meant for Europe and the support for Nokia is very good. Nokia just isn't big in the states.

I'm peeing in my pants as I type this on my android based phone. Aaaaahhh. Gotta go get a mop now.

This just in, Nokia signs R. Kelly for future TV promos to shame Android phone users.

I used Nokia phones since the 90's and you cant beat the build and reception quality. The OS on the other hand, I gave up on Symbian after waiting for HTML in the Exchange client. It never happened, so I switched to the iCrap. Put up with that for over a year and now Im using N1 and Captivate.

Checking all these phones out and comparing them to Symbian, really showed me how weak and sloppy Symbian is.

Nokia build quality with Android would sell like crazy IMO.

I would think that instead of talking bad about the best mobile OS on the market, he'd be more focused on making Symbian ^3 relevant.

My co-workers that had Nokia phones back in 2004 had 3 settings.

I'm talking to you from inside a barrel.
Garble.
and
I can't fuckingunderstand a a word you're saying.

Owning an iPhone is like having 10 guys pee all over you and in your mouth and then ramming all their dicks down your throat and butt.

That seems a bit...harsh?

But if there is any truth to that, I'm even more glad I'm rocking a Droid X.

The European market seems different from the American. We don't get all the deals Americans get by making contracts with phone companies. It exists but it's not as common practice. So it's not as easy to pay a single $900 payment as it is to write your name on a paper and pay $200. It's much easier to buy a Symbian Nokia phone that costs less.

That is why Nokia is doing good in Europe. They cost less, they don't have useless applications that aren't even meant for Europe and the support for Nokia is very good. Nokia just isn't big in the states.

Same thing in Asia. My 5800XM cost about $270.00. Compared to an iPhone which cost $1,000.00 at the time i got it. Even now, with the 4G out, the 3GS still costs about $850.00.

It's a far cry from the $200.00 in the US.

The only good thing about the iPhone are the apps. Functionality wise, Nokia phones lets you get more out of your hardware, and costs much less.

Same thing in Asia. My 5800XM cost about $270.00. Compared to an iPhone which cost $1,000.00 at the time i got it. Even now, with the 4G out, the 3GS still costs about $850.00.

It's a far cry from the $200.00 in the US.

The only good thing about the iPhone are the apps. Functionality wise, Nokia phones lets you get more out of your hardware, and costs much less.

Funny you should mention the apps. My coworker has an iphone 4 and he brags all day about about how this and that app is amazing and can do this and that like how he walked 60 meters further today then yesterday. I don't really care that he can use his phone as a compass or an imaginary Zippo lighter.

I have a Nokia N79 which is a very nice Symbian phone and does about everything i need and want. I can go on Facebook, Twitter, read Hardocp and various other RSS feeds, check my emails, listen to music or internet radio through my jobs WiFi, take video, photos and whatever......and it didn't cost me and arm and a leg. If i need something more powerful, i use my laptop or desktop at work or home.

The way i see it. A powerful smartphone like the iphone is so much more then a phone, it's basically a pocket computer. And while that is nice and all, a lot of people still like simple devices that have a main function of being a phone.

So does this mean Depends will soon be Nokia Depends?
'Cause I love my rooted HTC Aria too much that I guess I'm going to need some soon.

Maybe you pee your pants because Android is so awesome?

I liked my Symbian based Nokia phone. But my Captivate blows it away. It is probably the single best piece of electronic gadgetry that I have every purchased.

Like peeing in your pants the entire time you own it? I've got nothing but pure enjoyment/relief from my EVO after replacing an AT&T Tilt with it.

Funny you should mention the apps. My coworker has an iphone 4 and he brags all day about about how this and that app is amazing and can do this and that like how he walked 60 meters further today then yesterday. I don't really care that he can use his phone as a compass or an imaginary Zippo lighter.

I always find it amusing when people only mention fun apps on iPhones and not the productive ones which iPhones also have when comparing to other phones. You know it's there, right? You know other phones have fun apps too, right?

He wasn't referring to Android being or not being a good mobile OS.

He was simply suggesting that it was a poor investment for a company to ditch their own software development in favor of using a 3rd party solution, cause you might need that expertise down the line...

That being said, I simply don't get all the iPhone bashing on here. Back in December when I first had the ability to upgrade my phone (I had an iPhone 3G at the time) I test drove every android based phone available to see if I wanted to wait and move to Verizon or upgrade to a 3GS then.

I decided to do neither. The androids, while all decent phones simply felt limited and difficult to use because of their user interfaces. I kicked the Verizon network, but I simply couldn't bring myself to downgrade to a android phone. The biggest advantage my iPhone had was in browsing. The android browser felt clunky and useless in comparison to mobile safari.

Anyway, I decided to wait until summer and now I have an iPhone 4, which does everything my 3G did, but better.

I would prefer not being stuck with iTunes and nit being limited to the apple sandbox for apps, but I just can't give up the far superior user interface to get that. That and I jailbreak anyway...

Using Android is Like 'Peeing in Your Pants'

Because everyone can see it but only you get to enjoy the warm feeling it brings? :D

Steve should have filed this under the "So weird we cant make this up" category.

Zarathustra[H];1036209128 said:
He wasn't referring to Android being or not being a good mobile OS.

He was simply suggesting that it was a poor investment for a company to ditch their own software development in favor of using a 3rd party solution, cause you might need that expertise down the line...

That being said, I simply don't get all the iPhone bashing on here. Back in December when I first had the ability to upgrade my phone (I had an iPhone 3G at the time) I test drove every android based phone available to see if I wanted to wait and move to Verizon or upgrade to a 3GS then.

I decided to do neither. The androids, while all decent phones simply felt limited and difficult to use because of their user interfaces. I kicked the Verizon network, but I simply couldn't bring myself to downgrade to a android phone. The biggest advantage my iPhone had was in browsing. The android browser felt clunky and useless in comparison to mobile safari.

Anyway, I decided to wait until summer and now I have an iPhone 4, which does everything my 3G did, but better.

I would prefer not being stuck with iTunes and nit being limited to the apple sandbox for apps, but I just can't give up the far superior user interface to get that. That and I jailbreak anyway...

What's an iphone?

Intresting fact. If you're even in the desert you can urinate into a bottle and drink it, because it is low enough concentration to be safe. Unfortunately you cant drink your pee and recycle it. Because then it's too strong and youd get sick. Also diabetics pee is sweet.

Intresting fact. If you're even in the desert you can urinate into a bottle and drink it, because it is low enough concentration to be safe. Unfortunately you cant drink your pee and recycle it. Because then it's too strong and youd get sick. Also diabetics pee is sweet.

Are you a taste tester? :D

Back