using zalman zm-op1 at 5v? noise? good airflow?

hey, i was thinking of bying 2 zalman op1 fans for my case, need 15 mm thin fans, really tight in my antec aria case.
its for extra intakes on the sides.
either 2 60x60x15 mm papst fans, @16db and 11cfm each[thats with 12v].
or 2 zalman op1's.

anybody have zalman op1 fans in their cases, either on their vga coolers or just as case fans?
im wonderng how they run at 5v or 7v.
are they noisy? do they seem to blow a decent amout of air?
i want to have as little noise as possible since the computer sits up on my desk next to me.
and low noise is my nr1 priority, airflow is second.

help me pleeeeze....

williamjohansson said:
hey, i was thinking of bying 2 zalman op1 fans for my case, need 15 mm thin fans, really tight in my antec aria case.
its for extra intakes on the sides.
either 2 60x60x15 mm papst fans, @16db and 11cfm each[thats with 12v].
or 2 zalman op1's.

anybody have zalman op1 fans in their cases, either on their vga coolers or just as case fans?
im wonderng how they run at 5v or 7v.
are they noisy? do they seem to blow a decent amout of air?
i want to have as little noise as possible since the computer sits up on my desk next to me.
and low noise is my nr1 priority, airflow is second.

help me pleeeeze....
op1's are pretty quiet.. just not at full speed this is zalman afterall not thermaltake or vantec

I've got an OP1. It is relatively quiet. Barely louder than my Vantec Stealth at 12v. It scales in voltage better than the stealth though. At 5v the vantec doesn't move much air, while the OP1 still moves some air and is practically silent.
I run mine at 7v, good mix of very quiet and decent airflow.
I'd go with the OP1 over anything 60mm

I was thinking the same thing. I want to mod my aria case to have 2 x ZM-OP1 on each side and then have a vent at the top. These arias run really hot.

i have a p4 lga775 3.0 ghz cpu so my computer runs pretty hot no matter what...
im just thankful the case is made out of aluminum so it spreads the heat pretty good.

right now i have one case side a little bit open.... the temps drop about 7-10 celsuis on average that way.

yay, i saw now that the op1 fan comes with a multiconnector... ill probably buy a zalman op1 fan then, i just figured out that i really only need one since i cant fit a hdd on side next to the cpu, i have a zalman 7000 cpu cooler there.
already have a papst 80 mm fan i can use on that side without any issues.

papst makes great fans... high cfm & low db... and when lowering the rpm they get dead silent.. only probem i have atm is "wind" sounds from the papst 120mm fan in the psu.

thanks for the help guys

i hate that too.. the fans are silent.. but the air moving around isnt :rolleyes:

Back