UT3 failure is the fault of pcgaming, not epic.

UT3 is AAA?

• Yes

Votes: 47 17.3%
  • No

Votes: 225 82.7%

• Total voters
UT3 is the most disappointing Unreal Tournament period. They took out one of the best gameplay types (assualt) and basicly butchered the game down. It runs like crap, the hoverboard idea was dumb as well considering one shot made you a sitting duck for about 3-4 seconds (which in MP is a death sentence).

UT3 is ALL Epic's own failure.. CliffyB ( I refuse to call him by anything else since he is the idiot that came up with this moronic cut of his own name which he has now decided to recant) has done nothing but condem PC gaming since UT3 failed period. He has gone on record stating that he thinks PC gaming is dieing and that consoles are the future product. Ya .. its dieing alright , Sins Of Solar Empire just sold a crap ton of copies , Age of Conan is the fastest selling PC game of all time now I believe (dont quote me on that) outselling GTA4 in europe this past week (a CONSOLE title).

I'm so sick of developers turning against PC gamers the moment there game doesnt sell well ( 90 precent of the time because it sucks ) cause of the following excuses :

1.Piracy
2.People dont play PC games anymore.
3.People cant run the game cause of the extensive hardware requirements.
4.Did I mention Piracy?

Just keep something on the brain , the most successful game of all time right now is a PC GAME developers (WoW if you live under a rock) raking in nearly a Billion dollars in subscription collection alone in a year.. that doesnt count any other earnings from this franchise alone.

... but I thought all those subscription fees was to help keep the server running/maintence/upgrades/patches/etc :p

UT3 is the most disappointing Unreal Tournament period. They took out one of the best gameplay types (assualt) and basicly butchered the game down. It runs like crap, the hoverboard idea was dumb as well considering one shot made you a sitting duck for about 3-4 seconds (which in MP is a death sentence).

UT3 is ALL Epic's own failure.. CliffyB ( I refuse to call him by anything else since he is the idiot that came up with this moronic cut of his own name which he has now decided to recant) has done nothing but condem PC gaming since UT3 failed period. He has gone on record stating that he thinks PC gaming is dieing and that consoles are the future product. Ya .. its dieing alright , Sins Of Solar Empire just sold a crap ton of copies , Age of Conan is the fastest selling PC game of all time now I believe (dont quote me on that) outselling GTA4 in europe this past week (a CONSOLE title).

I'm so sick of developers turning against PC gamers the moment there game doesnt sell well ( 90 precent of the time because it sucks ) cause of the following excuses :

1.Piracy
2.People dont play PC games anymore.
3.People cant run the game cause of the extensive hardware requirements.
4.Did I mention Piracy?

Just keep something on the brain , the most successful game of all time right now is a PC GAME developers (WoW if you live under a rock) raking in nearly a Billion dollars in subscription collection alone in a year.. that doesnt count any other earnings from this franchise alone.

mmorpgs are immune to the effects of piracy, and good RTS games will always sell well on the PC.

its FPS/TPS action games that are in trouble. its that genre of PC gaming thats 'dying'.

mmorpgs are immune to the effects of piracy, and good RTS games will always sell well on the PC.

its FPS/TPS action games that are in trouble. its that genre of PC gaming thats 'dying'.

Either way my intention with pointing out WoW's success is that its a PC ONLY title , there are MMO's on console's and therefore dont get a free pass cause its a MMO title.
It is a wild success to say the least and the cost of blizzards upkeep probably doesnt extend over 7 to 8 million in bandwith,employee management (GM's , forum help) , patching group, content creation a month ...so that leaves roughly 890+ million a year in profit just from subscription sales , thats not even including the money from just box copies.

Enough about WoW though , honestly Epic/Cliffyb can point fingers all they want , a failure is a failure.

Back