UT3 IRC Chat Log

Rich Tate

Supreme [H]ardness
BeyondUnreal has a pretty lengthy chat log with Epic Games answering questions about the upcoming UT3. Of note, this game will include the Linux client on the disc.

All in all, the three hour Q&A (and more than 110 answered questions!) yielded plenty of new info, such as the inclusion of the old UT favorite - CTF-Hydro - and clarification of many other things. Thanks Epic Games and thanks everyone for for participating... this was your event and it was a rousing success.

I for one cannot wait for this release. Sounds like it is going to be a good game. I'm still playing UT2004.

Agreed. I Still consider UT2004 to be one of the best FPS games ever. If UT3 can build on top of that, and still maintain all the great qualities of the old games, then we definately have a winner.

Mark Rein mentions that the game will run just fine on older systems as well - judging from the screenshots I will guess this is with the graphic options reduced a tad...

Looking good, and that is an awesome interview :D! I'm glad Epic actually took the time to do such an event.

Back