uTorrent for OS X!

That looks very sweet. Interface looks great, and I'm really excited to hear it opens quickly and keeps the resources down. Unlike some I do kinda like Azureus, but there's no denying that it's a resource hog, and while they've done a good job of making the java interface do alright on OSX - unlike most other attempts - a native interface will be very welcome!

I want this. Right now. I'm so sick of using Azureus, but it's the only client that has all the features I need, since the latest version of KTorrent doesn't compile on Mac OS.

Fantastic. Transmission is banned everywhere and Azureus sucks, this is a very welcome program to me.

Az always worked fine, but isnt uTorrent selling out to some public corporation? or was that Az...

last I checked it wasn't banned on oink; but it still incorrectly reports statistics so it rapes your upload so you wouldn't want to use it anyway.

qft, I have one 1400MB download that I actually used but the tracker says I downloaded 0MB. The devs there have fucked up so many things in an effort to shorten their dev cycles that they just ended up breaking even more - about a month ago, they had a 10 second timer that would allow a network transfer to complete before trying to reopen a torrent, and guess what? They broke it :rolleyes:

Unless it supports encrypted traffic, I don't care.

I like Azureus anyways... what's the big deal about it? Any torrent program writing and reading to multiple files is bound to slow your computer down as much as a (Hidden to dock) javascript frontend.

It's sexy though. The UI that is.

Back