V1200b Plus Vs P180b - which would you choose?

twitchee2

Limp Gawd
Im in the market for a new case that is bigger, as in longer, then my TT tsunami. My buget is basicly how ever much I want to save up, as long as its worth it. My MAIN goal is quietness. It needs to look good with out very much bling. I will be doing some modding here and there. As I said before, bigger then my TT Tsunami. It also needs the all important good airflow and cooling. I have been looking around and I have it down to these two cases. The Lian-Li v1200b plus, and the Antec P180b (black verison). I am really torn between these two, the P180 is really quiet and the v1200 and excelent build quality and its a Lian-Li. So what would you do. Thanks for any and all comments/opinions.

I think once you're in the high end, it's almost all opinion. Neither have had major design flaws pop up (or maybe I've just missed the threads/articles/news clips) and aren't they both made of the same material?

edit: I just realized that maybe you just can't decide between the two. :p

I have a v1000...so I think I'm biased ;)

Well i guess the lian-li is winning here..haha i just really want more room. can the support thing be removed with out any problems with structure?

Funny.. those were my 2 choices too, and I've settled on the v1200b. Mainly because it is better constructed - I've heard some complaints about the parts of the P180. I also have a firstgen LianLi thats almost 6 years old and it has been awesome to me. Good cases, get the LianLi.

twitchee2 said:
Well i guess the lian-li is winning here..haha i just really want more room. can the support thing be removed with out any problems with structure?

I have the V1200b and love it. Lian-li is all i've owned, so i'm biased. Yes, the middle support can be removed without affecting structural integrity.

As a matter of fact... I removed that middle rail, the lower psu divider and both HD cages and the case was still strong and stable. I'm just using one HD cage now, though.

These are not in same category.
V1200 is not for quiet PC modder.
If you are fan of quiet PC there are no reason to choose v1200 :)

oakfox said:
Funny.. those were my 2 choices too, and I've settled on the v1200b. Mainly because it is better constructed - I've heard some complaints about the parts of the P180. I also have a firstgen LianLi thats almost 6 years old and it has been awesome to me. Good cases, get the LianLi.

QFT... I have a 5 year old Lian Li case in my closet. My g/f got me an Antec Centurion 5 for christmas that I had to switch to because she got it. I am going to give it about a year and go back to the Lian Li because it is soo much better IMO. The build quality on the Antec is not nearly as good as LiLi, I mean 3-4 of the tabs broke off the bezel on the Antec after I had it for only a week (speaking of which reminds me that I had an RMA number I forgot to send it in with, crap).

Anyway, long story short... unless you are looking for a QUIET solution, I would go with the Lian Li.

Back