V3 Gaming Move 3DS Water Cooled SFF

HardOCP News

[H] News
Legit Reviews has just published a review of V3’s Gaming Move 3DS water cooled small form factor PC. Overall it seemed like they were impressed with the mini watercooled system, here’s a quote from the review:

The V3 Gaming Move 3DS computer system wasn't designed to be the most powerful system in the world. It was designed to be a solid gaming system with a small footprint for those limited on space or for those who frequent LAN games and don't want to move a huge system around. In this, V3 has succeeded with flying colors.

If they put in a 1gb 460 and a little better ram and you have yourself a lanbox to respect.

Whoa. Someone in management posting in this wee little subforum! Not a bad little rig. The mATX PSU is a downer, though. Wish the proprietary nonsense would end.

Last edited:
I say good but not remarkable, this forums has a lot better examples of what can be done with an SG05

Water cooled yes, more interesting than an aircooled SFF not really. It's not all that impressive to see a bolt on watercooling kit regardless of the size.

Semantics. There have always been a handful of mATX PSUs out there, but you won't be doing any heavy overclocking with them. If the SG-05 was just a bit larger, there would be better options. It kills the advantage of watercooling.

450W should be more than enough to handle whatever will fit in an SG05.

Take 95W TDP for an i7 860, give about 200W for a video card and you still have some more headroom. Which you won't need much of, since most ITX boards cannot overclock that far anyway because of a complete lack of VRM cooling and weak VRMs to begin with.

And even if they could net you a decent overclock... I wouldn't suggest it for longterm for the same reasons mentioned above.

But that's just my $0.02

Having a Corsair H50 cooled SG05 I will say that it is a huge advantage over air cooling in this box. The amount of room for a heatsink is on the small side in the SG05 and to get a decent temperature requires a loud fan. With the H50 it is now quite and more room inside then before.

Keep in mind this is a retail computer.

Personally I'd put a Samuel 17 + 120mm fan over the H50 in the SG05/06 any day. But to me the main flaw of the SG05/06 - together with cabling being a total pain - was the lack of a silent PSU. Making other things silent didn't help much when the PSU wasn't.

Something isn't right.. My i3-530 goes to 3.8 without a voltage bump.. I get 4.0 with only a mild bump and I'm using air cooling in the exact same case. Why get a fancy smancy water cooler and the newer i3-540 if they are only going to OC it to 3.8?

I swear those benchmarks are low too.. when I get home I'll run the Dirt 2 bench. That 460 should be able to beat my 5770.. or at least match it.

Personally I'd put a Samuel 17 + 120mm fan over the H50 in the SG05/06 any day. But to me the main flaw of the SG05/06 - together with cabling being a total pain - was the lack of a silent PSU. Making other things silent didn't help much when the PSU wasn't.

You must have had a bad draw or something. Granted I'm running the stock 350w, not the new 450w, but I cannot hear my PS at all. I did mount the PS upside-down to pull in cool air from the outside and to move the cable braid against the railing.

"Liquid cooling" my ass. Pointless, no better than a decent tower cooler that'd take just as much space as that radiator.

Why a dual core? Why?!

Agreed with whoever said they should've used a 1GB card.

You must have had a bad draw or something. Granted I'm running the stock 350w, not the new 450w, but I cannot hear my PS at all. I did mount the PS upside-down to pull in cool air from the outside and to move the cable braid against the railing.
No. The stock PSU (which is 300W by the way ;)) isn't what I'd call silent. You're simply accustomed to a different level of noise. It's normal, and also why taking someone's word for things related to subjective noise levels doesn't really work. Look around, especially at SPCR, there are plenty of people who agree with me (on both the PSU as well as on relying on other people's opinion).

As far as this V3 setup goes. There's nothing wrong with a dual core and a 768MB card, really. Now, obviously they COULD put a quad and a 1GB card in it, too, but that'd simply raise the price accordingly. Two different target audiences. With that said, sicking a H50 on this setup? Unnecessary.

Besides, an enthusiast who wants top performance probably builds his own system regardless, also to to do away with the added price of buying pre-built ;)

Water cooled yes, more interesting than an aircooled SFF not really. It's not all that impressive to see a bolt on watercooling kit regardless of the size.

Maybe, but I've spent A LOT of time with the SG05 and it takes some significant modification to do what they've done there (ie. keep it looking stock from the outside + everything still fits + using a larger video card (up to 9.5").

Having a Corsair H50 cooled SG05 I will say that it is a huge advantage over air cooling in this box. The amount of room for a heatsink is on the small side in the SG05 and to get a decent temperature requires a loud fan. With the H50 it is now quite and more room inside then before.

Keep in mind this is a retail computer.

My thoughts exactly. Plus, liquid-cooling is a selling point for people who buy pre-built computers.

I say good but not remarkable, this forums has a lot better examples of what can be done with an SG05

Can you give some examples? I would love to see an SG05 that looks stock on the outside with the same kind of features as this one. After all, this is a retail computer that you can buy right now in quantity and they can't exactly sell some fancy thing with all sorts of doo-hickies sticking out.

Something isn't right.. My i3-530 goes to 3.8 without a voltage bump.. I get 4.0 with only a mild bump and I'm using air cooling in the exact same case. Why get a fancy smancy water cooler and the newer i3-540 if they are only going to OC it to 3.8?

I swear those benchmarks are low too.. when I get home I'll run the Dirt 2 bench. That 460 should be able to beat my 5770.. or at least match it.

Well, you ARE using a different motherboard. It seems like their motherboard choice was focused more around features for the end-user - like the built-in Wireless N, which is pretty cool.

Besides, an enthusiast who wants top performance probably builds his own system regardless, also to to do away with the added price of buying pre-built ;)

The last page of the review showed a comparison with the parts purchased from Newegg and the price of the pre-built. The pre-built actually is cheaper even without the consideration of the labor and time. I guess in this case this pre-built is worth considering.

My buddy recently got this from cyberpower pc.....

I think its better and cheaper than what these guys offer in a pre-built and it is configurable....what do you all think?

http://www.cyberpowerpc.com/system/LAN_Mini_H2O/

Thats a fucking joke of a gaming PC.. They have an h50 (ish) cooled CPU in a SG05 & Dont offer a freeking video card worth a shit.. Hell there stock photos show a full length card & all they offer is crap. Looks like there best card is a GTS 450 which is comparable to a 5750. I wouldn't recommend that for gaming on anything larger then 1680x1050. Not to mention mounting that fan on the outside is just Ghetto.. Atleast the v3 one can be used for gaming & they put the components in the right place.

My buddy recently got this from cyberpower pc.....

I think its better and cheaper than what these guys offer in a pre-built and it is configurable....what do you all think?

http://www.cyberpowerpc.com/system/LAN_Mini_H2O/

LOL... well if you want a PC with a fan awkwardly on the front and with an underpowered video card, then I guess it is good. The V3 system is configurable too.. http://www.v3gamingpc.com/desktops/move3ds.html

Thats a fucking joke of a gaming PC.. They have an h50 (ish) cooled CPU in a SG05 & Dont offer a freeking video card worth a shit.. Hell there stock photos show a full length card & all they offer is crap. Looks like there best card is a GTS 450 which is comparable to a 5750. I wouldn't recommend that for gaming on anything larger then 1680x1050. Not to mention mounting that fan on the outside is just Ghetto.. Atleast the v3 one can be used for gaming & they put the components in the right place.

amen

That is the difference between know-how and wanna-be....:)

Back