Valve can kiss my......

That was the cost of the first Half Life game I bought. Then I bought blue shift...and another one of the HL ones I can't remember, HL2 silver...like closer to $75 by itself.

Basically, about $120-$150 in games that I can not play any more because of valves tactics.

They sold me products, they need to see to it I can use the products they sold me, instead they have done the opposite.

LOL... you do realize lawyers cost hundreds per hour, right? You obviously did something wrong by the BS-meter of mine here recording record levels of BS... you sound like you're an angry little guy who is mad he got caught, if you ask me :confused: . Hopefully not, but it really looks like it from how you're talking.

LOL... you do realize lawyers cost hundreds per hour, right? You obviously did something wrong by the BS-meter of mine here recording record levels of BS... you sound like you're an angry little guy who is mad he got caught, if you ask me :confused: . Hopefully not, but it really looks like it from how you're talking.

I agree. I had my account info stolen and my PW was changed. I have every HL expansion and HL2 game to date that I could not access. A couple days (e-mails) with valve later and my CC number that I used to purchase those games and my account info was restored.

I think I'll send a few more messages to valve. I have all the reciept emails for the original purchase through steam, my guess is someone guessed my password.

I did log into my account at my friends house, on my computer but I don;t think that would have done it...if they lock you to one IP how the hell do they handle people without static IP's?

For all you little brats talking like you think I'm just BS'n, you really are showing your age (or lack thereof) or your own methods and trying to project your shortcomings on people who really don't need to hear your stupidity.

I hardly think I warrant being called a "little brat." Especially since you started out this thread saying that you absolutely did nothing wrong, ever, and now that it's been a few days of fruitless begging, we're at, "Okay, so I played a game at my friend's house on my PC, but..." Wonder where a few more days will put us?

BBB complaint filed.

Man, I tell you, Steam has so many BBB complaints they are just asking for a class action law suit.

And I just added to the count.

I hardly think I warrant being called a "little brat." Especially since you started out this thread saying that you absolutely did nothing wrong, ever, and now that it's been a few days of fruitless begging, we're at, "Okay, so I played a game at my friend's house on my PC, but..." Wonder where a few more days will put us?

You telling me playing my game at a friends house, on my computer, is wrong? You little twerp...have you never been to a LAN party, or have you ever been to a Quakecon?

Geez...stop posting in my thread please. You have now been added to my ignore list.

I did log into my account at my friends house, on my computer but I don;t think that would have done it...if they lock you to one IP how the hell do they handle people without static IP's?
This is allowed. Steam content is tied to the account, not the machine. So long as you're not attempting to log in more than once, this is a totally valid action.
You may use your Steam account on any machine which can connect to the Steam network - Steam allows you to download and install any games registered to your account as soon as you log in.

it's total BS = Valves policies
why should you have to have an internet connection to play a freakin game anyway?
what about some poor kid in kansas that grammy bought him HL2 for Christmas and he's got no net connection, so he's jakced? that's just wrong
and Valve used to be one of my fav game devs too...

I would bet anything that if they illegally take games you paid for from you, that you could pirate them back. I don't think they would be able to do anything about it in court. And if it isn't legal it darn well ought to be.

I mean, if someone steals from you, it's not stealing if you take it back form them with out permission?

I think steam itself is great, but they have to be a whole lot more sure of them selves before they go around disabling people's accounts.

You telling me playing my game at a friends house, on my computer, is wrong? You little twerp...have you never been to a LAN party, or have you ever been to a Quakecon?

Geez...stop posting in my thread please. You have now been added to my ignore list.
You ever stop to think that, perhaps, just maybe, you clicked on the "Log in Automatically" button when you played over at your friend's house? So the next time he started up his computer, as Steam defaults to starting up along with Windows (I believe), his computer automatically tried to log onto your account, probably while you were on at the same time? Consider this possibility.

But of course, you can't, because you allegedly have me on ignore. With any hope, you go ahead and hire that lawyer of yours, lose the case, and realize what your priorities in life SHOULD be instead of dropping a brick over some videogames.

And, I mean, lose a couple thousand dollars. Because that would just be entertaining, for me, because I'm into schadenfreude.

ahh...and the truth reveals itself....if your steam acct was already logged in on another machine when you did this (or any two computers at the same time for that matter), this would cause them to take such action, thats pretty simple

So the next time he started up his computer, as Steam defaults to starting up along with Windows (I believe), his computer automatically tried to log onto your account, probably while you were on at the same time? Consider this possibility.
The ticket would expire on his machine and become active on his friend's. That's how Steam works. This isn't nefarious.

Something else to watch out for with Valve:

http://games.slashdot.org/games/07/10/25/1845228.shtml

Dude, I'd be irate right about now if I bought that while I was in England or Japan. People do move or travel, so I don't know what brainiac thought this one was a good idea. Plus they risk alienating all of the military as potential customers that move around a lot.

That's different. that's MANY MANY people in the us buying the Thai version, which was discount priced for various reasons.

There are import/export laws in effect for that, given the source.

The ticket would expire on his machine and become active on his friend's. That's how Steam works. This isn't nefarious.

on valves end that looks like 2 people sharing an account

I have logged my Steam account onto countless different computers in different locations, and even some simultaneously. That is how the system is designed. If it wasn't, there wouldn't be any dedicated servers out there. If they didn't want people to have multiple copies of steam logged in to the same account simultaneously, you wouldn't be able to do it.

on valves end that looks like 2 people sharing an account
Hey, if I strap on the top half of a stuffed bear to my bear-leg pants and thrust back and forth repeatedly with a blank expression on my face, it looks like I'm schtupping a bear. But I can only be found guilty of schtupping a bear if I were actually schtupping a bear :)

As Mark said, the system is designed for this. Circumventing the system would get you thrown out on your ass, but this isn't what the OP has described doing.

Maybe I missed the memo, but since when could you not use your account on different machines in different locations? I always found it to be one of the biggest benefits to steam, in that it made your games 'portable'. I understand you can't use the same account on simultaneous machines playing the same game, but you have always been able to, for example, log into your account on your brother's PC in another State to play your games without issue?

The only problem I have ever had with steam is when valve converted from WON to steam. I lost the ability to use my CS, DOD, and HL games. I was pretty cranky about it, but I eventually shelled out 20 bux for a new CD Key and all was good.

I can't help but think that a piece of information is missing from this conversation. One thing to remember, and I've seen this in action, is someone attempting to download a 'NO CD' hack for something, even another non steam game, and having it steal your account info. Saw this happen to a shifty uncle. I laughed at him for trying to save something like 10 bux and watching him fail.

I have logged my Steam account onto countless different computers in different locations, and even some simultaneously. That is how the system is designed. If it wasn't, there wouldn't be any dedicated servers out there. If they didn't want people to have multiple copies of steam logged in to the same account simultaneously, you wouldn't be able to do it.

That you are 100% corect about, Valve even states it ALLOWS you to login from ANY computer right on the steam download page.

It's amazin the kind of shit people here will post when someone else has a problem or issue. I guess it's too much for some little piss-ant punks to percieve anything from another persons point of view. Always have to down some one don't they?

No EULA was violated, it was simply a dick at steam being a dick.
In my case, as of now, my account has been fixed. Thanks to the BBB.

Geez...and I wonder why I haven't been posting here very much lately.

That you are 100% corect about, Valve even states it ALLOWS you to login from ANY computer right on the steam download page.

It's amazin the kind of shit people here will post when someone else has a problem or issue. I guess it's too much for some little piss-ant punks to percieve anything from another persons point of view. Always have to down some one don't they?

No EULA was violated, it was simply a dick at steam being a dick.
In my case, as of now, my account has been fixed. Thanks to the BBB.

Geez...and I wonder why I haven't been posting here very much lately.

Glad your whiny-ass got your account back... Sorry the world stopped revolving around you though :(

Well...thanks, I think

You sound an aweful lot like the aforementioned (by me) piss ant punks around here.

i dont understand why people get so upset about not being able to do things that are clearly spelled out in perfect English in the Terms and Conditions/EULA

no, i dont read the EULA/TOS for every game i have bought, but the one i did read was Steam's User Agreement, because of the nature of it, being online distribution and all....i knew the rules would be different right off the bat

now....lets stop crying over a few dollars for a video game

Back