van speakers =b

fugu

[H]F Junkie
I was walking home for lunch when some guys in a van stopped and asked me if I wanted to buy "an extra" set of surround sound speakers that they had :rolleyes:

Anyone else every run into one of these scams?

damn.. those people are everywhere. Yeah.. it's happened to me TWICE. did they happen to tell you what brand they were? Linear Phase or something like that?

never happened to me, but I want it to. so I can play with thier minds :)

magnetik said:
damn.. those people are everywhere. Yeah.. it's happened to me TWICE. did they happen to tell you what brand they were? Linear Phase or something like that?

Nah, didn't get that far, I told him I already had speakers and they drove off.

yup ive seen em too

funny thing is my buddy actually bought a home entertainment center from someone who told him, it just fell off the truck...yea sure

but in the end, he didnt get ripped off or so he doesnt think...hes got a nice 7.1 surround setup from it, and its pretty sweet.

but in the end nah hell nah i wouldnt buy shit from some dude in a parkin lot thats a scam like thaT

They arn't "scams" for the most part. You would be supprised to find that they are usually pretty quality. They ARE stolen however.

comon man anytime someone offers you something from a van or a truck that shits stolen probably works but its stooooooooooolen

Yeah, some of those guys tried to sell me some "Dogg" brand speakers once. I asked them how they compared to the Wilson Alexandria X-2 & Bose Lifestyle :)p), and they said they were better than both, and retailed for $10k :rolleyes: I talked them down to $250 for a pair then told them I wasn't interested, just to waste their time.

These guys have been known to sell speaker boxes with bricks inside, DO NOT BUY ANYTHING FROM THEM.

and i bet we all live in a big city somewhere?

or close enough to one....but anywhere in southern california too lol

Back