Vanishing homegroup ?

forrehmmnd

[H]ard|Gawd
I have a pc, running windows 7, and a powerbook g4 aluminum running os x 10.5.8, and i followed the guide on gizmodo for getting your mac and pc to share together via a homegroup. It worked all fine and dandy for the the first day or so, but ever since, sometimes the shared folders show up, sometimes they dont. theres no set list of applications or circumstances that trigger this, its just totally random. none of the settings on either system have been changed, and ive checked over and over.

if possible id like to be able to access the files at all times, as that was kinda the intention in the first place haha.

This powebook g4 is my first mac, and i just bought it used on ebay, frankly, i was skeptical of mac before i got this but i really am loving this, but the hard drive is a bit small, (80gb) which is why i set up the homegroup, but they refuse to play nicely.

is there something im doing wrong or wha ?

thanks in advance for your help :D

I haven't tried to setup homegroups with my mac, but I did so with my windows 7 HTPC, and I had the same problem on that machine as you are having with your mac.

I just shared the drive I needed, and mapped it on both my htpc and mac, and that works well. Maybe give that a try?

One thing to check is your time/date on both machines. It sounds stupid, but I had some issues with homegroups and found it was because the time/date was off between the two machines. (does not have to be to the second, but get them at least close)

Back