Various Comapny Warranty Policies?

gibber

Gawd
Maybe representatives from various video card companies would like to respond here...

Which of you offer:

1) no hassle lifetime warranty, I don't want to save my reciept for years, and, if I give my friend a video card as a gift I want him to have the same warranty as anyone else would

2) if not lifetime warranty, then the same as above but for 3 years

3) cross shipping for RMA with a pre-paid return label

4) warranty not voided for putting a better, quieter cooler on the video card ~ who wants a loud, hot, jet engine sounding fan on their video card?

I don't really sell many PCs myself but I do build PCs often for myself and friends, and I advise customers (I do tech supt.) thousands of times a year on which computer products to purchase.

Maybe representatives from various video card companies would like to respond here...

Which of you offer:

1) no hassle lifetime warranty, I don't want to save my reciept for years, and, if I give my friend a video card as a gift I want him to have the same warranty as anyone else would

2) if not lifetime warranty, then the same as above but for 3 years

3) cross shipping for RMA with a pre-paid return label

4) warranty not voided for putting a better, quieter cooler on the video card ~ who wants a loud, hot, jet engine sounding fan on their video card?

I don't really sell many PCs myself but I do build PCs often for myself and friends, and I advise customers (I do tech supt.) thousands of times a year on which computer products to purchase.

1. Evga, BFG, XFX,but XFX offers transferrable warranty , i think Evga does too but not sure

3. Evga does that for sure

4. Only Evga as long as you don't fry it :p

Ok, so it looks like if I pay a reasonably small fee I can get cross ship warranty support from EVGA, that makes them a little more appealing. (The "EAR" program, but you have to "sign up" (pay) for it within 30 days of purchasing your card).

I don't mind providing a credit card # for cross shipping, so they could charge me in case I never sent the defective one back to them.

I think from what I've been reading online that only BFG specifically allows installing your own heatsinks w/o voiding the warranty? I see the other poster mentions that XFX also allows that.

I wonder about PNY - I'll go look and see if their website has clear info about their warranty policies...

edit: XFX warranty looks great :D I wonder what their cross-ship RMA policy is?

I wish you didn't have to register or save your reciept for warranty repair, I'll just have to be sure I do that when I get my next video card.

BFG Tech Graphics Card Lifetime Warranty*

BFG Technologies is proud to warrant the original purchaser of the graphics card included in this package ("Product") that the Product will be free from defects in material or workmanship for as long as the original purchaser owns the product, when given normal wear and proper usage. This warranty is valid if the product:

>> Was not damaged while being installed.

>> Was not damaged by software or hardware from a company or individual other than BFG Technologies or by motherboard incompatibility.

>> Was operated in accordance with BFG Technologies specifications, instructions and any technical support directions.

>> Was not modified or damaged by overclocking, tampering, user error, accident, disaster, abuse, misuse, power supply, power application, alteration, repair, modification, a fix or replacement by someone other than BFG Technologies.

>> Third party products, such as motherboards and other system components using this Product are not be covered by this warranty.

EVGA:

AFtermarket cooling is allowed as long as you don't fubar the card while installing the cooler :p

"There is no physical damage to the PCB, GPU/chipset, or components that are caused by: Damage due to improper installation, damage during modification of any kind, damage during any type of Aftermarket cooling installation, and water damage of any kind."

saw it but it doesn't specifically state that you can use aftermarket cooling + overclocking while protected under the warranty.

update:// Yay for xfx for not putting the info on their site

"as of April 17th, XFX now also allows end users to overclock the card and replace the heatsink/fan assembly. Unfortunately, they've also adopted the same vexatious 30-day registration policy and accompanying penalty for non-compliance as EVGA."

But yeah for what you were asking for in your OP i would go with Evga or XFX. :)

What I really don't want is having to produce the invoice/reciept later if/when it was time for an RMA.

I don't like this from the EVGA website: ( http://www.evga.com/EAR/ )

When a customer requires an EAR to be performed they will be instructed to send in a copy of their invoice. In the event that the invoice you provide to EVGA shows you do not meet the criteria for the EAR program, your product will be removed from the EAR program and you will be credited with EVGA Bucks.

If you've already previously registered the product ("within the first 30 days") then why would you need to produce the invoice later?!? What a pain. From reading XFX's website it seems like you just need the "registration code" that they give you. Why are EVGA's policies such a pain in the ass?:confused:

ask evga and make sure, the last 2 times i did a EAR they didn't require it. actually come to think of it they should require it due to them needing proof of purchase etc

I like the fact that EVGA lets me upload a copy of my invoice to my profile for my cards eliminating the need to send them a copy later on.

What I really don't want is having to produce the invoice/reciept later if/when it was time for an RMA.

I don't like this from the EVGA website: ( http://www.evga.com/EAR/ )

When a customer requires an EAR to be performed they will be instructed to send in a copy of their invoice. In the event that the invoice you provide to EVGA shows you do not meet the criteria for the EAR program, your product will be removed from the EAR program and you will be credited with EVGA Bucks.

If you've already previously registered the product ("within the first 30 days") then why would you need to produce the invoice later?!? What a pain. From reading XFX's website it seems like you just need the "registration code" that they give you. Why are EVGA's policies such a pain in the ass?:confused:

They allow you to scan & upload your invoice though, which helps with that! :p

Back