Vdroop sucks.

Frag0Lution

Limp Gawd
Alright guys. After countless attempts, I've finally oc'd to 3.2ghz (Q6600) Vdroop is making me set my voltages to 1.51 and that's the only voltage I can get into Windows with? What am I doing wrong?

Probably not doing anything wrong, your hardware just isn't cutting it.

Do you have a "Geo" Q6600?

Does the 680i have a way to disable it?
I know a lot of ASUS boards have "Loadline Calibration" or "Voltage Dampener" that eliminates it quite well...

1.51v is definitely not required for 3.2 GHz on a G0.

I just don't undestand my temps stay about 50 for like 10 minutes at 3.2ghz. Than it randomly freezes (seems to be vdroop) I don't want to give it anymore volts than 1.5 (1.44 with vdroop). This sucks.

you could always consider the ol' pencil mod on those 680i boards. search xtremesystems and you'll find about 100 threads that will show you how to do it

you could always consider the ol' pencil mod on those 680i boards. search xtremesystems and you'll find about 100 threads that will show you how to do it

That will take you about 5 minutes to do and its well worth it.

Assuming the problem is vdroop...
Anything over 1.4v (with or without vdroop) for 3.2 GHz on a Q6600 SLACR is crazy.

With vdroop I did 3.2 GHz at 1.237v on my Q6600.
Granted they're not all the same, but seriously, it can't be that much higher.

My vdroop is terrible as well, I go from 1.3v to 1.2v under 4 core Prime95 load (which promptly fails with Rounding Errors)

Does the 680i have a way to disable it?
I know a lot of ASUS boards have "Loadline Calibration" or "Voltage Dampener" that eliminates it quite well...

1.51v is definitely not required for 3.2 GHz on a G0.

My coworkers takes 1.5V to hit 3.2ghz OCCT stable. Mine takes 1.38V to hit 3.4 stable and we both have the same board but our chips have different build weeks and VID's. Not every G0 is the same. Some get lucky and some dont. In the OP's case it could be his board.

Back