Vehicle use adapter?

Phantoms

Limp Gawd
I've seen a couple people use an inverter and then plug there laptop powerbrick into that, but shouldn't a car be able to provide direct DC to a laptop? Anybody know of any adapters?

I have purchased THIS DC adapter from Frys. The only difference is that mine cost $14.99 and was refurbished and this one is new. I could not find the refurb anymore, but try and you might find it. It is really tiny but has 120W output, wicked !!!! As a bonus it also has an airplane adapter (I think).
DK

I had one of those too, although I can't exactly recommend it because it stopped working after 3-4 months. It is small, and includes airplane power supply as well, however it's not only direct DC-DC, it also does AC-DC just like a normal adapter. I liked mine for being my primary ac adapter that also worked in the car, plus it was flat so it fit nicely into my bag. Computer builders warehouse also sold the same thing in a rebranded model for $50 or so. Mine was also $120, but I wouldn't ever pay that, I had some $100 credit from compusa for something.

I'd like a real dc/dc power supply for keeping in the car, that would be great.

Back