verizon users: samsung i760 for <$100 no contract (recertified)

stainremover

2[H]4U
This doesn't have enough memory to run Windows Mobile comfortably, the screen resolution is really low, and it's a refurb. I guess if you absolutely have to have a touchscreen phone with wifi and a keyboard...

Gotta agree with the previous poster. I bought this phone 2 months ago. It's OK, but definitely has memory issues and acts very sluggishly at times.

But if you really want a Windows Mobile phone, it might be a good first choice for you.

I had this phone for a year and a half and thought it was great. My only real problem with it was size... it is a brick. Other than that I loved it. I'd say it ran faster than the Omnia I replaced it with.

based on the few videos i've seen, it looks to be pretty responsive. it has the fastest orientation change that i've ever seen on a winmo phone, and it's far faster than my current at&t tilt. does the slowdown occur when apps are open?

but the size thing is spot on. it is huge.

Currently considering this. But I wouldn't get it from this website. It has TERRIBLE ratings. You can find it for the same price other places.

reading about verizon's prepaid plan. it's a pretty good plan. 25cents a minute for calls, you can get unlimited texting for an extra $20 a month, and data is 99cents per day that you use it. no quota on how much bandwidth you use up.

so this comes out to be less than $50 a month for unlimited text + data if you don't use data every day. no contracts no rebates. + whatever you use for calling. would be a perfect wireless device for most people.

I just ordered one of these from Ebay for $82 and I'll be picking up a 1-year warranty from squaretrade for $11. Reasons to buy this are;

-It is the last smart phone for verizon to not require a data plan and comes with WiFi so it doesn't really need the data plan if you have plenty WiFi around. Verizon removed all WiFi phones that don't have the data plan requirement from their lineup so you can pretty much only get these phones refurbished or used now.
-Most issues people have with the phone can be resolved with a software download. Example, there's a program that frees up memory and cpu usage which helps prevent slowdown. There's also a program to overclock it. I believe Verizon will no longer put a block on data if you don't have a data plan. No problem, there's an application for that.
-It's Very cheap for what you get.
-It's windows mobile so there's plenty of software to choose from

i also just got this on ebay for 77 bucks. it should be here friday. yay!
thanks for the extra info patrick, I'm gonna have to download that stuff when I get mine.

just bought one of these on ebay as well about a week ago and got a squaretrade warranty. don't have a data plan and just use wifi around the house while i'm on break. should be able to use wifi around san fran soon. i gotta say, i really do enjoy the phone. flashed it to 6.1 and tossed in a 2gb mirco sd card. will support up to 4 apparently. as long as you are sure to actually end all the processes you're not using. only had it slow down once or twice but aside from that phone seems very responsive. i'll probably pick up an extended battery eventually but for now the one that came with my refurb is working fine. still trying to find a source for good software for the phone, though. also, the full qwerty keyboard is great even with my fairly large fingers/hands. it is also very usable 1 handed with a windows key, 'ok' key, camera key, and front keypad (one of the single best features on the phone).

it's not an iphone or anything but it does everything i want it to do and fit in my budget nicely. also its nice to get a new phone without signing over your soul to VZW for another two years.

hmm looks like a good phone. Might have to get this since it can be connected to the internet with just wifi.

If anybody is interested, I may be willing to sell mine. It's 2 months old. Give me a PM...

reading about verizon's prepaid plan. it's a pretty good plan. 25cents a minute for calls, you can get unlimited texting for an extra $20 a month, and data is 99cents per day that you use it. no quota on how much bandwidth you use up.

so this comes out to be less than $50 a month for unlimited text + data if you don't use data every day. no contracts no rebates. + whatever you use for calling. would be a perfect wireless device for most people.

what about to verizon to verizon calls? Are they free?

what about to verizon to verizon calls? Are they free?

not with the base (cheapest) plan. there is a 99cents a day (on days that you use it) plan that has unlimited verizon mobile to mobile and 10 cents a minute for other calls. if you spend more than 4 minutes a day calling people on the verizon network, this could work out to be cheaper.

they will charge you for a data plan with this when they look on your account and see a smartphone

I decided to pick one these up on ebay for $75 shipped. Ill be at school next year with wifi everywhere. Ill hopefully ill be able to get it set up with that and not get dinged for the data plan.

they will charge you for a data plan with this when they look on your account and see a smartphone.

I have a htc 6800 smart phone and they don't make me get a data plan. I think if you got one of there newer smartphone's you have to. But those don't even offer the wifi access anymore that I am aware of.

they will charge you for a data plan with this when they look on your account and see a smartphone.

I have a htc 6800 smart phone and they don't make me get a data plan. I think if you got one of there newer smartphone's you have to. But those don't even offer the wifi access anymore that I am aware of.

this is false. the phone has to have been introduced by verizon AFTER November 28th, 2008. Thus phones like this Samsung i760 and the Palm Centro can be used WITHOUT a data plan.

my sister got a centro 3 months ago and has no data plan.

Well i currently have the voyager 2 should i change phones in ur opinion?

I like idea of Wifi

Last edited:
this is false. the phone has to have been introduced by verizon AFTER November 28th, 2008. Thus phones like this Samsung i760 and the Palm Centro can be used WITHOUT a data plan.

my sister got a centro 3 months ago and has no data plan.

it sounded reasonably plausible. in all honesty i wouldn't put that kind of a policy past any of the wireless carriers.

Nice price.
After coming here to Korea last year all the phones in U.S is joke.(except for iphone)
Just got me a Heptic(AMOLED) with 8mega pixel camera in the back for only $300.
They got tons of Heptics(Omnia in america) for only $1 after 2 year contract. most of them have 800x460? resolution with atleast 3mega pixel camera. Unlimited web surfing(full browsing) + 350min anytime for only 50,000 won which is around 43 dollars. Damn korea's phone technology is almost 2-3 years ahead of America.
Hate to go back and use the phones they have back in states =(

Back