Verizon Wireless PCA card?

3l3m3nt

Limp Gawd
I was wondering if anyone has experience with the Verizon cards you can purchase off ebay and setup to use for wireless internet? I know you need to get it activated at the store i'm guessing but has anyone done this?

not too sure but if your looking for just the PCMCIA card i have an old one laying around. Hit me up if you want some more information on it. I also have a few little things for it.

Yeah the PCMCIA cars, i'm just curious if you can purchase them and set them up through verizon wireless. Do you have to take it into the store to get everything setup with it or what? Too bad they don't make PCI cards for desktop computers for at home when you can't get dsl or cable.

I deploy rental kiosks with these. You can get a router from a company called Top Global. It has your standard feature set for a router (SPI, dhcp, etc.) and accepts the PCMCIA cards for the various cellphone networks, and of course has an ethernet port and 802.11g as well. You can activate the cards yourself, but you'll need laptop or a PCMCIA -> PCI adapter. I'd just have the store do it.

oh no kidding thats awesome, i'll have to look into it... what i'm trying to do with this is to get my family up and running on someone broadband speeds and they can only get dial-up in the area. Anyways I'm going to have to check out that top global so that I can run a desktop pc and laptop off of that which would be perfect. Thanks.. I also heard you can activate the wireless cards over the phone?

chances are satellite internet would be more feasible... surfing on CDMA or GSM can get VERY VERY expensive.

QJ

Satellite is horrible, i'd be lookig to spend around $500 just for the equipment and then around $80 a month for the service, but satellite is out of the question anyways... it's too expensive and they live in a wooded area. So going with verizon is the cheapest bang for the buck. I'm just trying to figure out how I can set it up... buy the card and take it into the store to get it working or I guess I can do it over the phone... i'm just going to call and find out now.

Back