Very interesting NIC.

two thoughts:

1) funny to see a NIC that has more processing power than most (at least SOHO) routers

2) RAWR!

It seems different from the TOE cards from Chelsio and Aleratech (or whatever the fuck they're called).
I want one.

either I'm seeing things wrong or that card takes the pci express 8x slot. And sheeze it takes ddr400 to 1gb.

It says that its for embedded systems so I guess it really needs a lot of horsepower as to not let the data transfers touch the main CPU which is generally weaker than those in desktop/server systems.

Yeah, that's designed for usage in something where the CPU can't be bothered at all by network processing or similar.

Order said:
I want one.

I wouldnt mind having a couple, but I notice that most servers dont have PCI-express... Ill take two in 64-bit PCI form. Maybe I can finnaly bog down a 10krpm SCSI drive without catching the CPU on fire :).

My server does. ;)
However, someone on 2cpu pointed out that it doesn't mention Windows at all and is probably Linux-only. Makes sense if its for the embedded market.
Fuck.

I didn't think PCIe was being used in the embedded space -- at least, not in any substantial numbers.

I have one these in the spare parts box (Adaptec ANA-944A/TX):

One of these days, I'm going to have to find out how to get it working.

It is a nice looking NIC...still a Marconi ATM card or one of these 10G Ethernet Cards we have been using for the last couple of months are nice too.

The switches that some of my clients use :rolleyes:

10gBaseT was just ratified.
I've lost my interest in this outdated crap, lol.
;)

And Zamboni, if you're thinking about getting rid of that I'd gladly take if off your hands if the price is right (assuming its gigabit).

Order said:
And Zamboni, if you're thinking about getting rid of that I'd gladly take if off your hands if the price is right (assuming its gigabit).
Pre-gigabit, 10/100 only. Adaptec's driver support stopped at NT4, which is where the fun part starts. I haven't tried using the NT4 drivers on an XP or 2003 system yet.

Back