Very poor overclock on FX53

Peach

Gawd
I can't get my FX53 100mhz above stock stable. What am I doing wrong? I'm using the latest BIOS for my motherboard. My specs are in sig.

How are you trying to get that extra 100mhz?
We need more information on what exactly your doing in the BIOS to see what your doing wrong or to see where we can help you.

um isn't the fx53 a failed fx55 with basically a locked multiplier? in other words isn't it supposed to be a crappy ocer?

spaceman said:
um isn't the fx53 a failed fx55 with basically a locked multiplier? in other words isn't it supposed to be a crappy ocer?
no...

the FX53 was out before the 55. the 53's production was halted when the 55 was released. the 53's multi is unlocked, just like all FX chips.

the 4000+ is a 53 with a locked multi.

ALL FX chips are top of the line when they are released.

12.5 - 13v on the 12v rail when at stock. I drop the HTT to 3x, and the most i get out of it is 208HTT. I think the chip is just a shitty oc'er

That voltage is WAY too high!!!! Is that measured with a multimeter or via the BIOS?

Its probably the cause for the instability if those are indeed true.

Amperage is like 18a per rail on the 12's. Speedfan is reporting 12.52v on it right now. My temps on the A64 are like 48C, but I know the temp sensor on the Neo2's are horrible so i'm not trusting it one bit.

the 380w with dual 18a rails? linkage please? thats really hard to believe, as my neopower 480 has 18/15a dual rails

the early 53's didnt clock as high as the later 55's the 53 schpanky got was before the strained silicon, the 3 ghz oc schpanky got was cuz he got a perfect board, too bad it died on him either that or his stability standards are 'its stable enough to run a benchmark right after clockgen'
your best off dropping the mult and raising the fsb

I got an FX53 on my asus A8N sli deluxe board running at 2.7-2.8 no problems. HTT running at 5x, multiplier up to 13.5 and the fsb is at 200. Which is about 2.7 GHz. I can turn it up to 14 for the multiplier and runs 2.8 fine at times. My voltage is at 1.6 i believe or is it 2.6?...

hahaha i would stay 1.6, 2.6=meltdown, you couldn't use that voltage no matter how it was cooled

Back