Vesa stands with swivel, height, pivot the works?

oqvist

[H]F Junkie
I am in the hunt for a 3D PC monitor and the only one that cut it so far is the BenQ XL2410T due to it´s stand. However I am still worried it´s not solid enough since it´s entirely made of plastic. There may be better dedicated stands to put on your desk that you may even be able to easilly bolt or clamp to it?

I use except for FFB wheels on my desktop also a buttkicker LFE thus I want it to stay put.
I do currently have the G2400W and it does that but it offer no adjustment whatsoever which is a huge minus.

For example http://www.ergomart.com/lcd_monitor_stands/lcd_monitor_stands.htm but cheaper.

Last edited:
I just got the XL2410T a few days ago. The frame is extremely stable, firm and does not wobbly or shake. Although the mount and the frame of the monitor is made out of plastic, it doesn't have problems with wall mounts either. You will like the XL2410T especially if you want the versatility of movement that the monitor comes with. There is a range of upward/downward tilt, left/right, and upward/downward height adjustment that comes extremely handy. The monitor is also LED backlit, which isn't available on all 120hz 23.6" monitors on the market.

The XL2410T already has a wide range of motion adjustment, are you sure you still need an extra mount like the one in the link?

The Samsung stand does not have pivot, like most TN monitors, because the off-angle color shifts are very hard to ignore in portrait mode. However, if you think you need pivot, you could probably try one of the ergotron stands - they are pretty expensive for the larger ones, though.

That should basically work, even though it was not really designed for 24" or 23" 16:9 (same width as 24") - see this note from the Ergotron site:

*When used with 24" display: Monitor will hit base when rotated from landscape to portrait mode if it is not tilted back completely. When in portrait mode, lift range is limited."

If the primary reason for getting this stand is portrait mode (which it probably is since the XL2410T is fine otherwise), this particular model may be less than ideal, or it could just work if you only need a portrait capable stand which sits all the way at the bottom and does not get rotated frequently.

I just got the XL2410T a few days ago. The frame is extremely stable, firm and does not wobbly or shake. Although the mount and the frame of the monitor is made out of plastic, it doesn't have problems with wall mounts either. You will like the XL2410T especially if you want the versatility of movement that the monitor comes with. There is a range of upward/downward tilt, left/right, and upward/downward height adjustment that comes extremely handy. The monitor is also LED backlit, which isn't available on all 120hz 23.6" monitors on the market.

The XL2410T already has a wide range of motion adjustment, are you sure you still need an extra mount like the one in the link?

I have not been spoiled with build quality of computer monitor stands previously so I did have my doubts. Got my XL2410T last week and I must say while plastic of course I am still impressed by it. It´s much more stable then the G2400W stand which doesn´t have any real adjustability at all. That one wobbles quite a bit but not this one. Tried it with racing and even when having it at quite some height it´s still stable. I sit in a cockpit really low so it really helps being able to lift the monitor so the upper parts of the wheel get in just the right place.

As for the pivot function yes TN panels is obviously not all that suited for this. Lean to one side it´s all black and the other side it´s all light. Idea is to see if any flight sims support this resolution since it would help see both the outside world and instruments at the same time. SA is often more important in the vertical rather then horisontal plane for combat flight sims as well but I haven´t had time to test if IL 2, ROF or such support such display modes.

Back