VF900u

asmielia

Limp Gawd
Hi,
I just upgraded my computer, and got a much quieter case/fans in the process. As a result, I can now hear my XFX 7900gt really well over everything. It's probably 3 times louder than everything else in the case put together. It's ridiculous. XFX tried putting out a new BIOS that slows the fan down when the video card isn't being pushed, but that doesn't work for me (or a lot of other people).

I'm thinking about getting a Zalman VF900u but I'm really hesitant to drop $45 CDN on a new cooler when I'm gonna be getting a DX10 card within the next 3-6 months. The way these rumours are flying about the next gen, it sounds like a VF900 might be totally inadequate when they show up.

What do you guys think? Worthwhile investment?

Adrian

why not go with ARCTIC COOLING Accelero?

Probabaly cheaper and cools just as good

And the point of DX10 Card without vista is...? Nothing! Vista will be out the earliest in January. A lot of time from now and january. Get the VF-900. A rly good silent hs. Lowers load temp by more than 10 C with good airflow. I got 1, and its very reliabel

I want a DX10 card for Crysis, which last I heard is still on track for the end of this year. I'm sure the cards will be faster in DX9 before Vista comes out anyway.

asmielia said:
I'm sure the cards will be faster in DX9 before Vista comes out anyway.
Exactomundo. The oddly-unknown variable in the whole DX10 debacle: performance.

Back