VGA or DVI to Composite (RCA) Adapter?

RandysWay

[H]ard|Gawd
I'm installing two security cameras and would like to put a monitor in our new entryway. I found a good deal on an HP L1530 (Only $120.00) 15" LCD monitor. It has Dual input (VGA and DVI); 15-pin mini D-sub VGA, Digital DVI-D inputs.

My security cameras use RCA (Yellow = Video, White = Audio) and I cannot FOR THE LIFE OF ME find an adapter cable that is DVI -> RCA or VGA -> RCA. Does it exist? All I can find is for the RCA HDTV.

Thanks.

The signals of a single RCA video cable and a VGA cable are not compatible. You would need some type of in-line conversion such as a cheap video card, or a standalone unit.

A quick search turned up this:

StarTek VGA2NTSC

Not exactly a cheap solution.

Hope this helps.

-Matt

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Matt126 said:
The signals of a single RCA video cable and a VGA cable are not compatible. You would need some type of in-line conversion such as a cheap video card, or a standalone unit.

A quick search turned up this:

StarTek VGA2NTSC

Not exactly a cheap solution.

Hope this helps.

-Matt

Thank you for your help!! I was wondering why I couldn't find anything. If VGA -> RCA won't work, what about a DVI -> RCA, since the monitor has both VGA and DVI inputs? Would this work? Thanks again. ;)

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
If possible, I'd say the signals would be even "more" incompatible with DVI since it is a digital interface.

Araanor said:
If possible, I'd say the signals would be even "more" incompatible with DVI since it is a digital interface.

right you are, DVI is digital. VGA is analog. so the chances of a DVI-->RCA adapter existing is even more unlikey(impossible)

-Matt

you can buy a video capture card and feed it to your pc. Or get a VIVO card on your next upgrade.

Thanks for the replies. This is for security cameras in the entryway so there will be no PC involved. I'll be searching for a LCD with A/V inputs now.

Back