VGA with xbox360....

MrMetal_53

[H]ard|Gawd
hey guys, ive got a console question. im looking to pick up a 360 sometime soon (hoping to find one of those good deals going around the net :D ). i plan on hooking it up to my monitor (19 in widescreen viewsonic, native res of 1440 x 900). right now, i have my gaming computer hooked up to the monitor via the DVI input, and my SFF computer is hooked up via the VGA input. i switch between both computers with a KVM. if i were to plug the 360 and the SFF into the KVM (which can handle two VGA inputs) to swithch between them since they would both be plugged into the VGA port on the back of my computer, would i still get good quality signal coming from the 360 to the monitor? this would real seal (or break) the deal for me

I never noticed any quality lose when I had 2 PCs plugged up to a KVM, so I wouldn't think there would be trouble with a PC and Xbox 360.

If there was; however, would it be too much trouble to unplug the SFF from the monitor when you wanted the play the xbox? also does your monitor have composite cables? i've heard mixed responses with using them on different monitors so you may want to check out any reviews on your monitor before doing that though.

thank you for the reply. i was thinking of getting a newer monitor (a 22 in westinghouse, to be exact) which had the normal DVI + VGA inputs, plus composite, component, and S-video. but i heard that 360 + component doesnt look very good, and VGA was the way to go. so i was gonna scap that idea and stick with my current monitor. and no, i guess it wouldnt be too big a deal to swap the cables out if i was having problems :D

Well, dont believe everything you hear. My hdtv has a vga input, and i tried it the first night, but i couldnt tell the difference between vga(at the highest possible resolution for my tv) and 1080i component. So the vga had to go and i saved those 40 dollars. You wont have any problems with the vga with the monitor. Im sure about that.

Back