vid card help

decap

Limp Gawd
i have a geforce 4 ti 4800 se and my fps has been dropping. i used to get 100 fps constant in games but now it drops to 60 70 maybe even 3- sometimes. i tried reformatting and reforce but no luck. anyone know what i can do?

well it all depends on ure other system specs and the type of games ure playing, if u can tell us that im sure we can help you out

Is it dropping lower in the same games you used to get 100FPS+ in or you noticed its getting slower the more newer games you buy?

Try upgrading your motherboards chipset drivers, install the latest ForceWare Drivers, install the latest version of DirectX, and try some simple overclocking.

DirectX
nVidia Drivers Page
RivaTuner OC & Tweaking Utility

Read your motherboard manual for whichever manufacturers website and look for some motherboard chipset drivers.

Also a good spring clean of your components might be due, after a lot of use dust and crap can accumulate inside your PC, which can hinder your airflow and be detrimental to the performance of some components, it's good to clean all this out about every 6-12 months.

Hope some of this helps :)

problem still persists
i am running a soyo dragon k7+
amd athlon 1800+
win xp home

Back