Vid Card Recomendation

RossY

Weaksauce
Ok so my video card is taking a crap on me so I'm looking to upgrade. I currently have a 7950GT and it has been a great card. Now there are only a few things I'm looking for in upgrading.

The main thing is that the new card must have an hdmi out. I also want a little upgrade in gaming power, but i don't want to go crazy with it as i don't use my pc to game very much but it is nice to know I can play at a decent resolution when i do. I was thinking along the lines of an 8series NVidia card possibly an 8800GT but I have been out of the game for awhile and don't know if there are any better cards that i might be able to get cheaper.

Thanks for the help guys

Rossy, you don't need HDMI, just get a card with HDCP and get a dvi<-->hdmi adapter cable. Make sure you get the genders right though.

I went from a 7950GT to 8800GT and it was definitely a nice upgrade (like 2x computationally), but not far better. I can play all major games at decent resolutions, except crysis (which is horribly optimized).

Wrong section, but anyhow... I have a 4850 and they do very well with HDMI output. I don't know anything about HDMI out from the 8800 or 9800 series cards (and I own one...) but if they support the feature, any one of those would suit you fine too.

Back