video feed to monitor question....I'm stumped!!

Nivram

Gawd
Hi everyone,

I had a wicked idea for a mod the other day (is there any other type of mod idea?? LOL), and had most of it figured out in the first few minutes......then got stumped when I got to the video feed from the video card to the monitor. Hoping someone here will give me an idea of how to do this, or at least mention something that will cause me to have an epiphany (before I have a brain aneurism! :p ).

What I want to be able to do is make it possible to rotate the main body of the computer, but have the monitor sit still. Probably by mounting the monitor on top of a hollow tube that runs through the center of the computer body......the computer will rotate around the tube, but the monitor will sit still (beats the you-know-what out of having to chase the monitor around and around, right? LOL).

I think I have the power figured out, and the keyboard/mouse and LAN can be wireless (on different freq's, of course), but this monitor problem has me completely stumped! My buddy suggested I see if it's possible to make a plate with 15 seperate, insulated, conductors running around it, then have a shoe (or something like that) sit on top of the plate, stationary, that would transfer the signal to the monitor. That seems like it would be a LOT of work, and probably not give me a very good video signal. I've done a little checking on 5.8 gHz video transmitters (like security cameras use), but don't think that video would be much better quality.

Anyways, any and all suggestions will be greatly appreciated. TIA!! :D

Back