ViewSonic Unveils VX2770Sml-LED: 27 Frameless Full HD Display

TroyX

[H]ard|Gawd
index.php

The VX2770Sml-LED comes with the industry-leading SuperClear™ AH-IPS Wide Viewing Angles technology, brilliant pixel quality of the 1920×1080 Full HD panel, 30,000,000:1 dynamic contrast ratio, and MHL 2.0 connection. The MHL and HDMI connections share the same ports, providing the VX2770Sml-LED flawless streaming from a variety of MHL and HDMI-equipped media devices, such as smartphones, tablets, computers, set-top boxes, Blu-ray disc players, HD digital cameras, and gaming consoles. The MHL connection allows mobile devices to use this monitor without turning on a PC/Laptop

http://www.guru3d.com/news_story/vi..._led_27″_frameless_full_hd_display.html

It doesn't even have DVI? ... thats pretty odd.

Looks nice, too bad they didn't use the 1440p resolution thats usually used for that size.

Won't the panel itself have a border just like all other monitors using that kind of panel (like ASUS MX279 and the previous VX2770 model)?

Edit: It's just like the old model but features MHL. How exciting (not).

Last edited:
How is this frameless? adding the adjective "less" means that it does not have any. Like Wire"less" phones, have 0 wired connection to the receiver. This thing is only missing 3 borders and has a huge ugly bottom frame. It is 3/4 frame"less" i guess. Stuff all the electronics behind the panel and then we are talking frame"less".

Interesting to see what they price this at
The bezel would be a sick improvement for a 5760x1080 setup
Heck a dual portrait mode in 2160x1920 would be pretty nice for doing digital artwork with both bezels point outward for a very slim center bezel.

BUT it needs to be priced to compete with all the 1440's which are dropping in price surprisingly fast lately.

That being said, I have an idea and need to pick the brains of you more [H] Display guru's...
Would it be possible to take one of the Korean 27's and fabricate a superslim bezel and move the OSD controls behind the monitor where the buttons face down for ease of use.

(Here is a crappy ms paint depiction of what I am talking about)

bezelless_zps72d8d3da.png

Sorry to burst the bubble but I don't think that image is accurate.

Take a look at the slide images on Viewsonic's own product page:
http://www.viewsoniceurope.com/uk/products/vx2770smlled.htm

Note the dramatic bezel difference between slide 4 and slide 5.

This seems exactly like a rehash of the LG IPS7-series bezel debacle:
http://www.electronista.com/articles/12/08/14/video.blogger.claims.misleading.lg.marketing/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oS96RjxxU7A

The Viewsonic website says the following
The frameless bezel on the VX2770Sml-LED removes the boundary between the real and virtual worlds
My best guess they are using the word "frameless" to mean a completely flat/flush monitor surface to the edge. What ever they meant I think use of this word is deceptive, in my opinion frameless == bezeless which this monitor is not.

As I said above there is nothing new here. Look up VX2770Smh. Same thing without MHL, a model from last year.

at first glance -- it looks like it would be awesome. Price this at 250 dollars and they might sell a lot of them.

But even viewsonics own pictures are confusing, it looks great in the first pic, then another angle makes it look like a standard bezel monitor.

I'd only really be interested if the bezel was something like 1 or 2 mm.

Three of them setup together would be one badass gaming setup.

Is the panel 8 bit? If not, is there any budget 27" IPS screen which does use an 8 bit panel? I'd like to upgrade from my Dell 2209WA to a larger screen but I don't want to downgrade to a 6 bit panel.

BTW, I'm fine with the resolution being 1080P and don't need (or want) more.

Hopefully it's not like those old Dell and AOC monitors that look like this until you got the actual unit and the bezels were bigger.

Back