Viewsonic VX2025wm info update

IceWindus

n00b
Ok, myself and all of you included have been really wondering when the lauch of the new 20" Widescreen from Viewsonic will happen. I managed to get a ENGLISH speaking salesperson on the phone this week. And heres what I found out.

1. Large shipments will arrive in two weeks. The first on February 20. Second February 27th and March 5th.
2. These shipments will be displaced to the corresponding retailers given on the basis on how many available and requested at time
3. There is no MSRP at this time, no matter how much she looked and searched, nothing. Safe to say with Viewsonic, $500 is a good idea.

That being said. I went ahead and decided to order a Dell 2005FPW and give it a shot from my Dell rep. If it doesn't pass with flying colors, i'll give the viewsonic a try.

Since it's a "VX" model, I'm guessing it's a low-response time model? Can we get some specs up in here?

VX2025wm

I read that the list would be $450? I talked to Viewsonic awhile back and they were guessing April/May for the release?

I just got a 2005fpw as well. Maybe I should have been a little more patient? I really want to check the Viewsonic out. Although I am sure that I like the stand on the Dell better...

Sub....srrriiiibbbed!

LCD Panel Type 20.1" Wide Color TFT Active Matrix LCD
Display Area 17.1" horizontal x 10.7" vertical; 20.1" diagonal
Optimum Resolution 1680x1050
Contrast Ratio 800:1 (typ)
Viewing Angle 176° horizontal, 176° vertical @ contrast ratio > 10:1
Response Time 8ms gray-to-gray (avg.); 16ms white-black-white (typ)
Brightness 300 cd/m2 (typ)
Light Source Long life, 40,000 hrs. (typ)
Panel Surface Anti-glare

http://www.viewsonic.com/products/desktopdisplays/lcddisplays/xseries/vx2025wm/#specs

Didn't find anything about pixel pitch...

If this comes close to 400$ or so, sale wise, I would definately consider selling my samsung 940b to get this.

widescreen would be so nice, and a fast reponse time, without high prices.

sorry for being a newb, but what happens if the game doesnt support widescreen format? is it just stretched, or can you run black bars or something?

Don't know if that model does scaling....I know my Viewsonic VA1912wb (19" WS) doesn't scale.

It will stretch it out if it doesn't scale. Otherwise you can run windowed or black bars on the sides.

Also...many games have fixes:

http://www.widescreengamingforum.com/

They have a master game list there. I know NFS:MW doesn't support WS, but widescreengamingforums linked a nifty program to make it do it. Most newer games do support ws.

I know on my Viewsonic, the 19"ws, that it stretches out my Xbox360 image, but since the max rez of the 360 (1360x768 ) is so close to the max rez of my screen (1440x900) that I don't mind.

Picked up it's younger brother, the VA2012wb from Costco tonight. It's nice to finally be rid of that blasted Gateway 2185 and it's color washing waterfall nightmares. :p Other than the dead pixel and some lame vertical viewing angles, it's great! So far I've only browsed the net, but I'll game and report back later.

Cheers!

Jodiuh said:
Picked up it's younger brother, the VA2012wb from Costco tonight. It's nice to finally be rid of that blasted Gateway 2185 and it's color washing waterfall nightmares. :p Other than the dead pixel and some lame vertical viewing angles, it's great! So far I've only browsed the net, but I'll game and report back later.

Cheers!

Does the manual to that thing tell you any of the following?
- the dot pitch
- is it 16.2 million or 16.7 million colors
- is the response time 8ms measured in gtg? and if so does it say what the bwb is?

Thanks in advance if you can throw in this info!

silentsammy said:
- the dot pitch
- is it 16.2 million or 16.7 million colors
- is the response time 8ms measured in gtg? and if so does it say what the bwb is?

The manuals says read the cd. I've got a slight issue with my drives, so I can't view it yet. I'll post again in a minutes.

More impressions of the Viewsonic VA2012wb from Costco for $400 from a DVI-D Single Link cable.

Pros:
-Very minimal screen door effect (almost as good as the Samsung 712n and 204b)
-FAST panel for gaming and moving the [H]ardforum's yellow text all over the place :p
-Easy to use buttons located on the front of the panel
-Even colors across the screen, ie no color shifting/washing
-Dark details are constant and look the same all over the monitor (no in front sucky view)
-Sharp text

Cons:
-1 white (on) pixel flat stab in the middle of the screen (OMG! Go away! This sucks! GRrrrrr...)
-1 red (stuck) pixel in the lower left ( I could care less)
-Horizontal viewing angle (not too bad)
-Vertical viewing angle (worse, but still not tooo bad)
-Liittle bit of backlight bleed on top and bottom (in the form of a line)
-No height adjustment and the speakers put it a touch too high for me
-No rotation, or side to side (swivel?)

I tried to list them as objectively as possible. In the end for me, the cons (aside from the white (on) pixel, just dont' matter much. I'll return it to Costco til I get one with no dead pixels, but other than that, it's perfect.

Jodiuh said:
Sub....srrriiiibbbed!

LCD Panel Type 20.1" Wide Color TFT Active Matrix LCD
Display Area 17.1" horizontal x 10.7" vertical; 20.1" diagonal
Optimum Resolution 1680x1050
Contrast Ratio 800:1 (typ)
Viewing Angle 176° horizontal, 176° vertical @ contrast ratio > 10:1
Response Time 8ms gray-to-gray (avg.); 16ms white-black-white (typ)
Brightness 300 cd/m2 (typ)
Light Source Long life, 40,000 hrs. (typ)
Panel Surface Anti-glare

http://www.viewsonic.com/products/desktopdisplays/lcddisplays/xseries/vx2025wm/#specs

Didn't find anything about pixel pitch...
The dot pitch is .258.

Thanks, found it in the manual.

Ok, so I replaced the mon for another one. No dead pixels, phew! So far it looks like it's got some backlight bleeding on the top and bottom that can be annoying if you stare at them, haha. Also, the viewing angle's kinda lame for super slouch movie watchin'. But if nothing else, it'll tide me over til I either:

1. order the 2005fpw
2. wait for this 2025
3. wait for the 2007fpw

motoman617 said:
Anybody seen or heard anything else on the Viewsonic yet?

Jim

Saw it at Fry's yesterday. It was $499 and was connected via DVI. However it had MAD screen door effect. Hopefully somethin was wrong with the panel/connection/card. Someone's bound to pick one up soon.

Jodiuh said:
Saw it at Fry's yesterday. It was $499 and was connected via DVI. However it had MAD screen door effect. Hopefully somethin was wrong with the panel/connection/card. Someone's bound to pick one up soon.

Thanks I'll keep an eye out. I plan on going to Fry's tomorrow after work so I'll see if they have it locally.

Jim

Jodiuh said:

blah, i hope this isn't a common problem

Well, seeing as my 2012 has developed a flicker issue, I volunteer myself to testing this mon on the homefront over the weekend! May the screen door god's bless me and keep me safe.

*runs to fry's*

Woot for 50 over msrp!

Somehow Viewsonic hid the speakers at the bottom of the monitor. I haven't used them...and probably won't, but they cannot be seen. The bezel looks leet too!

Ok, so the screen door effect I saw is definitely here. It's about on par with the Gateway and I'm starting to go mad. Viewing this mon staight on gives very little color wash. Move your head and sh1t pops out in 3d, lol! Here's my favorite mon test for varying color/gray levels...

IMG_0500.jpg

As you can see stuff looks right. But the screen door's probably gonna have it back at the store in the morning. We'll see.

Just watched Batman begins and was completely blown away...tho it could be my work-week-tired eyes. Or maybe because that movie owns so hard. :p Still the screen door effect just kills me. It makes things fuzzy...especially on light gray or white backgrounds. Combined with this "noglare" screen and you have a weird 3d fuzz effect going on.

Maybe I'll just snag that NEC and call it a day. Seriously...I'm tired of f#$@#ing with these things...

You can even see the SDE in those pictures.

Don't count out the Acer AL2032WA, the price just dropped to $489 at the Egg. Very little if any SDE and the Crystal Brite screen is sweet.

Good luck which ever route you go.

-Flake

motoman617 said:
Thanks I'll keep an eye out. I plan on going to Fry's tomorrow after work so I'll see if they have it locally.

Jim

Nothing locally but they did have the new NEC 20" widescreen. It looked very nice but for the price I'll wait to see the new Dells or to see if they (NEC) come down online.

Jim

Back