Vindictus (Mabinogi Heroes) f2p source engine action mmorpg

Took me about an hour to actually make a character that would stay on my character list....I would get disconnected after the prelude and the character would poof on me when I tried to login or make another guy.

Then I finished one quest and haven't been able to login since......so if there's something people have found to fix that I'd be interested in hearing it. Otherwise I'm just gonna wait till some non-peak hours and try again.....although I wouldn't think work hours on a weekday would be peak.

Took me about an hour to actually make a character that would stay on my character list....I would get disconnected after the prelude and the character would poof on me when I tried to login or make another guy.

Then I finished one quest and haven't been able to login since......so if there's something people have found to fix that I'd be interested in hearing it. Otherwise I'm just gonna wait till some non-peak hours and try again.....although I wouldn't think work hours on a weekday would be peak.

There really isn't anything you can do on your end. The servers have been going up and down for maintenance to try to address connection issues. I'm guessing they are trying to add the minimum amount of hardware necessary (obviously from a cost perspective) to support current loads.

There really isn't anything you can do on your end. The servers have been going up and down for maintenance to try to address connection issues. I'm guessing they are trying to add the minimum amount of hardware necessary (obviously from a cost perspective) to support current loads.

Was wondering if it might have been due to firewall issues.

Ok...how do I get clothes? I'm running around town, and now on the mercenery site with just my loin cloth on. ;(
Posted via [H] Mobile Device

I found some, no boots or pants tho lol. I went to the merc. outpost place, and they tried to get me "train" a skill. There wasn't any skill to choose, and it wouldn't let me leave. I had to exit the game.

Also the marketplace board has a horrible glitch. It flickers, flashes, and you can't see anything.

The game is a lot of fun, I'm really enjoying it so far. My only gripe is how uninvolving the instances are, if they were to make them more story like, it would be freaking awesome. Right now it's just a bunch of monsters pop up, and you kill them. Still good fun.

People need to give me their names so I can add you to the friends list thing. ;)

My marketplace comes up with a white box and some writing in it...which Im assuming is ID markers for my account and character. I suspect the game might be using IE to try to display the marketplace...dunno.

My marketplace comes up with a white box and some writing in it...which Im assuming is ID markers for my account and character. I suspect the game might be using IE to try to display the marketplace...dunno.

I'm pretty sure it is

I also think the game uses two different mouse sensitivities. when the mouse pointer is unseen, it uses the in-game sensitivity and when the mouse pointer is shown, it uses the Windows sensitivity setting.

Anyone got an extra key? I can send you one back to. I plan to share the love since it looks like you get 2 keys when you get in with a key.

Anyone got an extra key? I can send you one back to. I plan to share the love since it looks like you get 2 keys when you get in with a key.

I think at some point they stopped sending out extra keys, or their system broke and it stopped sending out extra keys by accident. Which I doubt they will go back and retroactively award keys, I doubt it'd be easy to figure out.

I gave one to Zachstar and someone took my other without saying anything. So hit Zachstar up for extra keys as he never replied back after I PMed him via PM or forum.

I have one beta code to send out to the first person that sends me a PM.

Anyone have keys for this? Looks interesting. Not a typical MMO is it?

Kinda hard to judge when you're only seeing the first 20 levels or so. I thought the boss encounters in WoW were pretty awesome compared to prior MMOs. This one has 4 people max in most "battles" (instanced mission runs basically), but it has the option to turn them into raids on some buttons, so maybe they are bigger later. They lag pretty bad with just 4 people at times right now.

The fights are more FPS than target and hit buttons, but I am not sure how it will hold up on the crafting/farming/level grinding. It's already seeming pretty grindish trying to hit some of the goals for the missions.....and quite a bit of farming to make certain sets of armor cuz people charge way too much for them on the marketplace (which suddenly started working for me on at least one character I have).

Anyone have keys for this? Looks interesting. Not a typical MMO is it?

it's basically a 3D action game with a separate leveling system for character level and skill level and a RPG like inventory/craft/drop system.

the combat might seem simplistic at first, but the game starts punishing poor play in later dungeons and starts emphasizing teamwork

Last edited:
Can anyone PM me a key? I want to check this one out.

Sent

Testing so far has been ok. However tonight doing quests with any party is almost impossible due to lag issues.

The story seems deep yet light. Providing stuff to do between the battles. I do miss open world however.

I think at some point they stopped sending out extra keys, or their system broke and it stopped sending out extra keys by accident. Which I doubt they will go back and retroactively award keys, I doubt it'd be easy to figure out.

I gave one to Zachstar and someone took my other without saying anything. So hit Zachstar up for extra keys as he never replied back after I PMed him via PM or forum.

Sorry. I have been quite busy at work or in game and forgot to give out the extra keys. I got them out now so hopefully the cycle can continue.

Game is pretty awesome so far, got my character up to level 15, been playing most with a few of my friends, other than I have been soloing.

I've bought 3 things from the marketplace and they aren't appearing in my inventory. It isn't even subtracting the gold correctly...I'm out like 10k now :mad:

The things you buy go to your mailbox. Also you pay a tax on the things you buy in the market.

Thanks sir!

But that makes no sense, why not just put it in my inventory...

They have no trade system in game that I can see. I can't go up to someone and trade with them...I have to mail it to them.

So I think the mail system is a way for them to draw gold out of the game and takes place of their trade system. It allows to them to not have to deal with full inventories, since your mailbox is theoretically as big as it needs to be. Plus it's common for auction houses in other MMOs to send things to your mailbox and not put it directly into your inventory.

And for those of you who are not receiving mail you think you should be getting, relogging seems to help the issue. I had 3-4 mail items pop up for me on a relog.

I still can't access the marketplace on one of my two characters. It's rather irritating to have to login another guy, mail it over and find out Im missing something else I need to buy off marketplace and repeat the process.

Thanks sir!

But that makes no sense, why not just put it in my inventory...

As far as I know like mentioned most MMOs do send the item to some sort of storage/mail system.

In this game it does offer several advantages to the player, in that you don't have to worry about missing items due to full inventory. Even drops you get during the stages go to your mailbox if your inventory is full.

Regarding content, if you guys look up the Korean version, you can get a preview of somewhat where the game is going, as they are ahead of us (obvious reasons). They have things like larger raids instances, open field areas, the mage character, more crafting/enchant options, each character has 2 weapon types that play differently, and etc.

I'm still trying to figure out how much height actually affects attack speed/reach before remaking a character.

So if I sell something in the marketplace, the gold will be sent to my mailbox, or straight to me?

Also, just wanted to add that cloth is too expensive :p

EDIT: Found out.

Last edited:
I'd love to play this if anyone has a key to spare!

One of the PMs said he had one so sent it to you instead.

Edit: After you sign up and input the key it will send you 2 more to share. Please either post them here or PM them to those still requesting. Keep the cycle goin!

Some of these are getting too hard to solo at my present level...boss wise.

Where do I go to get the spider web armor made? None of the people in the area seem to have it in the crafting options. Been running around in light cloth mail...

Back