Vintage macintosh comps vs monitors

DangerIsGo

2[H]4U
Im in the market for a vintage apple macintosh. Why? I have no idea. I'm looking for something with a little color, so not any green monitor from the early generation. I'd probably be looking for a LC or a IIe I assume but what monitors work with what systems I assume? I couldn't find any hard evidence as to which work with what. I know there are 5 generations of monitors and many variations of systems so I don't want to get the wrong monitor with the wrong system and find out things dont work.

Well, first you need to figure out what you are actually looking for. The Mac LC is a Mac and uses an RGB monitor. The Apple IIe is NOT a Mac, and uses a composite monitor (color or monochrome). I recently picked up an Apple IIc system with color monitor, mouse, and extra 5.25" drive for $80 from a thrift store. The Apple IIgs was the most advanced Apple II series computer ever made before the Apple II line was dropped entirely (System 6 made it even look an awful lot like a color Mac).

If you are looking for an Apple II system without the hassle of E-Bay, you can find something at http://www.blujay.com/?page=profile&profile_username=drkenb

Thanks for your response. When I see this screen:

$(KGrHqZ,!iQF!9nH1I+8BQV8PEjNS!~~60_12.JPG

that looks to be an Apple IIe with a AppleColor Composite monitor, correct? Or something else?

Back