Virtual PC2004 SP1 Is now Free:

Just saw this somewhere else and dled it. Very good program, ran linux for 2 weeks on it.

This will come in handy at work....thank your bosses for me, Ranma_Sao.

So is the 1.0 release version of VMWare Server. http://www.vmware.com/download/server/

So much virtualization software so few licensed OSs for me to install into them...

We've been using Virtual PC for our Corporate training environment. Makes life so simple. Just delete the undo file at the end of a class. Reboot, add the virtual machine back to the domain to create the new undo disk for the next session, leave on overnight to let WSUS bring it up to current patches. Machine is ready to go for a new class with only five minutes of hands on per workstation.

One build for each class. Run a batch file even the instructors can use to get the right image in place. :)

Good stuff, but I use the major competitor's brand since I technically work in the same company with them now. ;)

Maybe I'll use it at home so my bosses don't know. :p

virtualPC has been around for a long time and has always been free straight from Microsofts site.. i used it for a while when i wanted to play some DOS favorites....

Warrior said:
virtualPC has been around for a long time and has always been free straight from Microsofts site.. i used it for a while when i wanted to play some DOS favorites....
It hasn't been free until now. Virtual PC 2004 was paid software.

djnes said:
It hasn't been free until now. Virtual PC 2004 was paid software.

Yea I've had clients pay for it multiple times. Works pretty good. Hell I have a boxed copy that I used for my linux server class like 2 years ago. FYI to anyone trying linux with it. You need to change the color mode on x11 to 16 bit insted of 24bit.

Yeah, they use to do 180 Trails and stuff,
Glad to see its free now
now i dont have to build a machine everytime i want to mess around with a OS, can i just use VM :D

Back