Visiontek 5870 for $329 at Dell

Temporarily out of stock already. And I have a feeling it won't be temporary.

OOS =\

Damn nice deal.

Hows DELL on backorders? Kinda thinking of going for that... might as well.

Kind of funny they tout DirectX 10.1 in the description but not DX11.

With the help of DirectX® 10.1 capabilities and plug-and-play ATI CrossFireX™, you can boost your HD gaming experience with life-like realism.

At least they show DX11 in the specs, heh.

Coupon works on some other video cards, including 5770's, but not the 5850.

don't forget bing cashback. i searched "computer" and dell popped up on the ad list.

I'd never buy a video card from Dell, seen too many horror stories with the whole backorder thing and having to spend ages on the phone cancelling the order and trying to get a refund.

I'm going to place a order and see if I'll still get it at the nice price.

$329? The link says $469 now ... maybe Dell needs to make up for the lower price ...

I'd never buy a video card from Dell, seen too many horror stories with the whole backorder thing and having to spend ages on the phone cancelling the order and trying to get a refund.

I actually have no issue with their backorder. They sometimes get ship earlier. and the chargers are only pending. I have cancel something with then before too, But i never use their phone system, chatting with a live person tends to be much easier.

Btw i also order it on backorder.

Think it's the original or the cooler revision one? How's Visiontek's warranty?

I almost forgot they were one of the nvidia board partners who abandoned the gtx4xx series and in fabor of red haha.

I don't even want to look at my "howthemarketworks" account from a year or two ago. Filled up that $10k with NV shares rofl.

Estimated Delivery Date 5/21/2010

says it will ship on the 18th. the money has been sent now though.

question, i did the bing cashback. when will it show up?

Last edited:
CB that hasn't showed up after 2 days = email and win. Have had to contact bing a few times to get some CBs posted.

I also remember shooting 3 emails for one CB before they responded or did anything about it... Do the right thing - harass, it's your money after all!

Ugh, to buy it or not to buy it.... This is gonna drive me nuts.

Well that solves that, you're right - dead here too.

Back