Vista 64 not shutting down properly with the 4850s

bitgod

Gawd
Ever since I got the cards, the computer doesn't shut down properly about a third of the time. What will happen is that it will say it's going to shutdown, then the video turns off, but the computer just sits there running. I'll have to power it off or restart it, and on the next boot it will say that Windows didn't shut down properly.

Anyone else running into stuff like this? Is it more likely drivers or HW? I know the system worked fine perviously with a single nvidia card.

When I first installed the 4870 and it says it's going to reboot after installing the drivers I had the same issue. Just hung on the shutdown screen so I did a hard reset and it has been fine since.

Still using a 3870 -- but I have a feeling that the catalyst drivers for Vista 64 are the same for either 38xx or 48xx (for now that is) -- I believe its 8.5. Just like milkweg, mine would not shutdown right after I installed the drivers, but after forcibly powering it off that first time -- booted up fine and my machine has been fine since.

Eh, great, ATI drivers are still crud then. Too bad their new cards are sweet.

Back