Vista and scanners, anybody?

XOR != OR

[H]F Junkie
Hey all, I've been thinking about getting a scanner for a while now, but every scanner I look into seems to not be ready for Vista. I was thinking about either the snapscan s500 from Fujitsu or the DR2050C from cannon. Specifically, I want duplex scanner, color, small foot print, adf and somewhat fast ( although the last is negotiable ).

Anybody have any experience with scanners under vista they'd like to share?

Don't know about stand alone scanners, but I have an HP PSC 2355 all-in-one. The default Vista drivers worked just fine for scanning. HP released specific Vista software a few months after Vista was out and all worked just fine.

Just do the homework of checking the M/F website for Vista drivers before purchasing, I guess. Canon has pretty damned good vista support, and make reasonable enough scanners. Not sure about Fujitsu.

I'm running an older Canon scanner here (3200F) and Vista drivers appeared only a few days after Vista release. If they're able to respond that quickly for older gear I guess their current range should be no problems at all ;)

All I can say is stay well away from Lexmark or Dell (same thing) crap.
Their Vista support is really lacking...

Took them 5 months AFTER RTM to release a stinking driver for my printer- and even then- it is so glitchy the only thing I can do is print (It is an AIO).

HP seems to be good... The next printer I get is going to be an HP. They seem to be pretty durable and last a long time (not to mention they are so popular- you can get DIY ink kits for a fraction of the cost...)

People who buy Lexmark printers and scanners buy PCs from supermarket chains!

People who buy Lexmark printers and scanners buy PCs from supermarket chains!
Fry's used to sell groceries and what's wrong with an Aldi PC? :p
-----

My Brother MFC 420CN multi-function is supported under Vista, even 64-bit.

I have an older HP PSC-1210 scanner/printer that works fully with Vista's built in drivers.

I have the wireless all in one Lexmark printer scanner. Works good in 32bit, sucks donkey balls in 64 bit...

All I can say is stay well away from Lexmark or Dell (same thing) crap.
Their Vista support is really lacking...

Took them 5 months AFTER RTM to release a stinking driver for my printer- and even then- it is so glitchy the only thing I can do is print (It is an AIO).

HP seems to be good... The next printer I get is going to be an HP. They seem to be pretty durable and last a long time (not to mention they are so popular- you can get DIY ink kits for a fraction of the cost...)
If all you do is print in black and white, then DIY ink kits are great. Anything more professional and you lose TONS of quality. In the end its not worth it. But go ahead if you print essays n stuff.

Yeh my new Visoneer no luck but my HP all inone , no issues. I have not checked with Visioneer for awhile i think i will when i get home

Took my visioneer to the basement on the dead hardware shelf. Replaced it with a Canon MP600 printer/scanner for $150. Much more useful than the old separate printer scanner setup I had...plus faster and better to boot.

Cool, thanks for the input folks. I apprecaite it.

The MP600 looks good, I've always been a fan of Canon's stuff.

Back