Vista Beta, Mind warping headaches+question

Tazzman

Limp Gawd
Is it just me, I have Beta up and going, Full blast, Everything on... etc.. "took a few hours to get it stable"
I get dizzy headaches???
I turned off all the magic stuff and no more dizzy???
Anyone else feeling this?

I was able to get the new driver for SB Xfi, But cannot get the Software to work, Creative does not have a update Vista Software package/work around...for the software only the driver.
I tried to reload with the disk and it will not reconize Vista as a compatable operating system..
Anyone find a work around, fix for this?

Everything else is working just fine..

Man What a Memory HOG... 850>900 at idle WOW....

If you're getting headaches it may very well be from your monitor. Check the refresh settings of your monitor, and turn it up or down accordingly. If it's set wrong you'll likely notice the image in the monitor seems to bounce around a bit. However, before you do this check to see the maximum refresh rating of your monitor, and make sure you never surpass that.

Can't answer the second question though. I don't have x-fi

What makes my eyes hurt is all the smooth text. I like my text crisp. Is there anyway to change it to crisp text?

Vista gone, Clean XP Loaded, Headaches gone...
Refresh rate was correct,etc..... To much...rif raf...
I will load it on my 3.06 rig tonight and play with it..... Dont need headaches on My main rig...
Man 850 to 900 idle memory useage, 5 to 15 CPu at Idle... would get jumps to 80% at times...
Alot of work needed on that OS to make it Useable....
Definatly need to upgrade system and Video card If planning on going full time with it... My 478 System handled it but had to work for it...

Mind blowing memory useage....

Tazzman said:
Vista gone, Clean XP Loaded, Headaches gone...
Refresh rate was correct,etc..... To much...rif raf...
I will load it on my 3.06 rig tonight and play with it..... Dont need headaches on My main rig...
Man 850 to 900 idle memory useage, 5 to 15 CPu at Idle... would get jumps to 80% at times...
Alot of work needed on that OS to make it Useable....
Definatly need to upgrade system and Video card If planning on going full time with it... My 478 System handled it but had to work for it...

Mind blowing memory useage....

welcome to teh club

XP for teh w!n (at least for teh time being)

Raines8416 said:
What makes my eyes hurt is all the smooth text. I like my text crisp. Is there anyway to change it to crisp text?

Congradulations! You're in the 5% of people who hate "smooth text." I'll be you also hate ClearType in XP, right?

Sorry, that's not actually meant to be snarky, though it certainly sounds it. There really IS an issue there, but the vast majority of people do like smooth text. Chances are, you're going to be stuck with changing around options and interfaces for quite a while.

Back